• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breeland a Panther

panther4life

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm hoping he's better than he looked across from Norman.

He was very solid in Washington. Definitely significantly better than Worley was here, though I do still think Worley would've eventually "gotten" it. Was just taking too long.

think he'll be better than Worley/Seymour, but I just remember that first year JNo went to WSH and watching Breeland then, he was atrocious and absolutely targeted and abused.  Even so, when I watched him, I never felt he lacked the ability, just seemed to be more technique, whereas in Worley's case it was due to his lack of athleticism and fluidity.  When I've watched WSH over the last year, I can say Breeland did not appear to be the liability he was before, so he must have developed into a solid player...  still, not overly excited about this pickup, especially if we planned on bringing in Norman anyway if he is released.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

One side effect: I think we can now probably put to bed the "Josh Norman is coming back" talk.

Not really. Breeland isn't a top tier guy and wouldn't keep us from bringing Josh back in the future. Though it was already clear well before this signing that it won't happen this offseason. They most likely cut him next year, but after letting Breeland walk and trading Fuller this offseason it was clear they were keeping him this year.

Archived