• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Star vs. Poe, comparison.

rmoneyg35

54 minutes ago, stratopanther said:

I wonder if we trade Butler. A first rd pick in his 3rd year should be starting. He seems to have talent but I suppose the staff thinks hes only suitable for Short's position. A 1st round pick on his rookie contract should draw interest.

Think a little...DT on a rookie deal and amazing potential. So, we trade him? Jesus.

2 hours ago, stratopanther said:

I wonder if we trade Butler. A first rd pick in his 3rd year should be starting. He seems to have talent but I suppose the staff thinks hes only suitable for Short's position. A 1st round pick on his rookie contract should draw interest.

Copy cat league, phili blue print—

rotate dline often,..so we would need Vern

14 hours ago, ARSEN said:

Poe is a pass rusher, Star is not.  Having Short and Poe in the middle is crazy.  If we add DE and safeties, watch out.

we have two guys that got 11 sacks last year. Who exactly are you expecting to add?

14 hours ago, rayzor said:

star wanted a contract for a top tier 4 down guy. panthers offered him a contract that was more in line with what he actually is, a solid two or three down guy. he's not a 4 down guy.

he got the contract he wanted and we got a true 4 down DT for what we were offering star.

poe got to go where he wanted.

it's a win-win-win.

Win-win-win-lose.

Falcons lose

7 minutes ago, RumHam said:

we have two guys that got 11 sacks last year. Who exactly are you expecting to add?

Pep is just situational. Would be nice to have some more help in the rotation at the position. But we are in good shape for this year. Next year is a completely different story if Pep hangs them up.

yeah, Poe isn't a Star upgrade.   Poe just means we won't really go backwards at the DT spot.   Which is good.  People undervalued Star for some reason.  Star was a beast.  Star's job just wasn't sexy.

Was a huge fan of Poe back in 2012-13 hated he was drafted over Luke (back then) now we got both. 

Good poo Hurnz 

SN: also don't get the Star shade, he and Poe are both beasts in their respective rights and positions. Like @CRA said, it's not a downgrade, but not exactly an upgrade either. Which is about as big a win any fan should appreciate in today's NFL.

Archived