• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breeland failed physical *update* non football injury

Captain Obvious

2 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

This isn't ideal, but hopefully we use that money to spread around 2-3 guys, or go get Honey Badger. Def don't want to get another corner with this money cause the guys left are poo.

Matthieu"s reported asking price is more than we save by not signing Breeland.

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David Newton ESPN Staff Writer 

Cornerback Bashaud Breeland told me he cut the back of his left foot while in the Dominican Republic on March 4th. Said he will need to have skin grafted to repair the injury as he did when first injured in the fourth grade. He didn't believe the injury to be serious, that he could still walk on it. He said it never was an issue through high school, college or while with the Redskins.

•  
  •  
  •  
icon-espn-e-@2x.png
7m

He must can't walk or had a noticeable limp...

5 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

That’s what I was thinking. Are you even allowed to sign a player if they can’t pass a physical? 

Contracts are always contingent on X. In this case, his was the physical. Some others are weight clauses, behavior clauses, etc.

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Cornerback Bashaud Breeland told me he cut the back of his left foot while in the Dominican Republic on March 4th. Said he will need to have skin grafted to repair the injury as he did when first injured in the fourth grade. He didn't believe the injury to be serious, that he could still walk on it. He said it never was an issue through high school, college or while with the Redskins.

•  
  •  
  •  
icon-espn-e-@2x.png
7m

If he cut it March 4th bad enough to need a skin graft, of course it wasn't an issue with the skins

Just now, uncfan888 said:

If he cut it March 4th bad enough to need a skin graft, of course it wasn't an issue with the skins

From what I know, it is possible that he could go somewhere else come up be cleared by their doctors and sign there instead.

My guess is that won't happen, but from what I understand, it could.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And risk making whatever problem they have even worse?

Pretty sure the Players Association wouldn't be on board with that.

You can. Richard Sherman wouldn't be able to pass a physical right now having just come off achilles surgery, but the 49ers passed him anyway knowing the prognosis and estimated recovery time. We could have done that with Breeland as well but there are going to be unknowns with Breeland's injury compared with a much more common injury like an achilles. Definitely smart of us to wait. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and we can still sign him later.

3 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

•  
  •  
  •  
icon-espn-e-@2x.png
7m

Hope we told him to come back when it’s healed up and sign on the dotted line.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

From what I know, it is possible that he could go somewhere else come up be cleared by their doctors and sign there instead.

My guess is that won't happen, but from what I understand, it could.

We know our medical staff airs with caution.

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

You can. Richard Sherman wouldn't be able to pass a physical right now having just come off achilles surgery, but the 49ers passed him anyway knowing the prognosis and estimated recovery time. We could have done that with Breeland as well but there are going to be unknowns with Breeland's injury compared with a much more common injury like an achilles. Definitely smart of us to wait. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and we can still sign him later.

Football Vs. Non-football related injury.

3 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Kinda goes back to what I said a minute ago though. It is conceivable that some other team's medical staff might pass him.

There's no guarantee he's going to sit around and just wait on us to offer a lower price. That's not necessarily in his best interest

I mean if it were you, would you wait for us or try to catch on somewhere else?

Archived