• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Conundrum

Devil Doc

I grew up in Arlington, Texas... Right off Randol Mill Road. ( about a Mile or two from the Stadium) I grew up as a diehard Cowboys fan. I moved to NC in 1998. I was still a Cowboys fan. About a little over 10 years ago i met @usmcpanthers who, was a diehard Panthers fan. He slowly converted me to the Panthers. I still have Cowboys memorabilia from my child hood and Cowboys memorabilia that my mom bought me a month before she died. With this came a note pinned to a Texas flag. " Never Forget your Roots". Now of course, I will never get rid of the stuff my mom bought me. I also have a Cowboys looney tunes leather jacket, that was my dads. 

So, I am trying to get tickets to the Cowboys vs Panthers home game, and hopefully @usmcpanthers can drive from Tampa to attend. I also have Panthers memorabilia, jerseys, and my car has panthers seat covers,  floor mats, and steering wheel covers. 

Should I wear both Cowboys and Panthers gear, If I go to the game? I will "Never Forget my Roots", but Panthers is my Team now. 

Your roots lie with Tom Landry and Tex Schramm.  There's no shame in that at all, and you should honor those two gentlemen.  With that said, given the disgraceful treatment they got at the hands of Jerry Jones, you should be rooting against the Cowboys in all games, at all times, for so long as he owns the team.

Does that help?

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've always wondered about Texans and their undying love of all things Texas. But then it occurred to me that it seems like the shittier an area the more loyalty people seem to have to it. Then the Texas loyalty thing made perfect sense.

Lol, Texas aint that bad bruh. 

Archived