• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marquis Haynes can be our Yannick Ngakoue (or Robert Mathis-lite)

XClown1986

Marquis Haynes drafted at 6'2 and 235 lbs

Yannick Ngakoue drafted at 6'2 and 254 lbs

Robert Mathis was drafted at 6'1 and his weight was in the 220s

“Tony was in his second year and always said, ‘Size isn’t always important if a guy has great athletic ability, speed and a high motor,’ ” said Vasvari.

“I think all of our scouts go into schools looking for the next Robert, but he’s a rare guy.  You try and try to find them, but you have to have a lot of things happen.  You aspire to discover a guy like Robert as a scout.”   

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Robert-Mathis-No-All-Star-Games-No-Combine-Sixth-Pro-Bowl-Nomination/9ef95369-efc5-4a42-8615-315d8a0a7f55

The Jaguars like what they’ve seen from Ngakoue against the run too. They knew about his pass-rush ability, but he has surprised coach Gus Bradley a bit with the way he’s held up against the run despite being 246 pounds.

"He has been impressive," Bradley said. "His motor is the big part of it. He has a high motor. The question with him was how he was going to play the run. We have been pleasantly surprised with how he has been doing in that aspect."

But it’s Ngakoue’s attitude that comes up over and over again.

"I like how he competes," Wash said. "It doesn’t matter who he goes up against, he’s going to go full-speed every snap. He expects to win and that’s the type of mental makeup you want in a player."

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/18264/jaguars-players-coaches-love-rookie-yannick-ngakoues-attitude-and-confidence

Now look at these notes from the Senior Bowl about Marquis Haynes. I see a pattern.

https://www.redcuprebellion.com/2018/1/24/16927916/marquis-haynes-ole-miss-football-nfl-linebacker-defensive-end-senior-bowl-reeses

Needless to say, I'm excited about what this kid could become.

Yea I heard this story when they drafted Everette Brown. Ron Meeks was supposed to turn him into Robert Mathis.

For you newer Panthers fans, Meeks was the Colts defensive coordinator from 2002-2008, when Mathis was coming up. Meeks became the Panthers defensive coordinator in 2009. Brown was a colossal bust. His spin move was his only trick and once offensive coaches figured it out, he was done.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

E. Brown says hi. Please don't get your hopes up. 

lol good luck with that. some of these retards think all these guys are potential hall of famers. and some guy will comment on this saying well you never know. did you travel in time or some bullshit like that. This draft was awful and you can tell from the grades who watch panther football and who doens't. 

Haynes & Brown won't be implemented the same way, Brown was supposed to ''replace'' Peppers. Haynes is until further notice ''striclty'' a situational rusher, with the ability to drop. 

If he's only put in situations that accentuate his skill set as a pass rusher (with multiple moves per scouts outside the org, and confirmed by RR) then he could have a relatively productive rookie season. 

Three to seven sacks is not something I'd scoff at as a rotational player, the NFL is trending more ''under-szied'' speed rushers and we've seen several examples of recent success, so it'll be on the staff to maximize his potential. And with a DL guy as the DC, I think we're in good shape to do that. 

5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

lol good luck with that. some of these retards think all these guys are potential hall of famers. and some guy will comment on this saying well you never know. did you travel in time or some bullshit like that. This draft was awful and you can tell from the grades who watch panther football and who doens't. 

Hurney almost every other year drafts undersized DEs that are going to set the NFL on fire. 

Some of you are ignorant as fug. I hated the Everette Brown pick from Day 1. He was a ballerina that didn't want to get dirt under his nails. If his spin move didn't work, I flat out saw him quit on the play. Many times. Marquis Haynes BULLDOZED Cam Robinson of Alabama, and ran around Cedric Ogbuehi like he was a statue. I'm simply saying that this guy has the athletic traits, the right attitude, and a hell of a lot of toughness. Am I saying he WILL be great? No. But the potential is there. And we got him in the 4th round for Christ's sake. We traded a 1st to jump up and snag Everette Brown. Do you see the difference you arrogant pricks?

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

Haynes & Brown won't be implemented the same way, Brown was supposed to ''replace'' Peppers. Haynes is until further notice ''striclty'' a situational rusher, with the ability to drop. 

If he's only put in situations that accentuate his skill set as a pass rusher (with multiple moves per scouts outside the org, and confirmed by RR) then he could have a relatively productive rookie season. 

Three to seven sacks is not something I'd scoff at as a rotational player, the NFL is trending more ''under-szied'' speed rushers and we've seen several examples of recent success, so it'll be on the staff to maximize his potential. And with a DL guy as the DC, I think we're in good shape to do that. 

Sure sure. 

1 minute ago, XClown1986 said:

Some of you are ignorant as fug. I hated the Everette Brown pick from Day 1. He was a ballerina that didn't want to get dirt under his nails. If his spin move didn't work, I flat out saw him quit on the play. Many times. Marquis Haynes BULLDOZED Cam Robinson of Alabama, and ran around Cedric Ogbuehi like he was a statue. I'm simply saying that this guy has the athletic traits, the right attitude, and a hell of a lot of toughness. Am I saying he WILL be great? No. But the potential is there. And we got him in the 4th round for Christ's sake. We traded a 1st to jump up and snag Everette Brown. Do you see the difference you arrogant pricks?

No your just a dumbass and we are pointing it out with facts. 

Just now, Snake said:

No your just a dumbass and we are pointing it out with facts. 

Nice grammar. You have no facts. What do you know about Marquis Haynes? Nothing. Or is every undersized DE the same guy to you, which would explain your neanderthal-like attitude towards every conversation? 

Replace the pine cone you used with an actual tampon, and try to actually have a rational, thought out conversation with theoretical comparisons based on talent and production instead of lazy analogies that have been long worn out just because "it was a Hurney pick."

4 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Nice grammar. You have no facts. What do you know about Marquis Haynes? Nothing. Or is every undersized DE the same guy to you, which would explain your neanderthal-like attitude towards every conversation? 

Replace the pine cone you used with an actual tampon, and try to actually have a rational, thought out conversation with theoretical comparisons based on talent and production instead of lazy analogies that have been long worn out just because "it was a Hurney pick."

You ride this to work don't you? 

Bike-with-square-wheels-clown.jpg

15 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Or you know

That he can be a solid rotational player. 

If you honestly think we'll use Haynes like Fox used Brown then lol.

Archived