• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Moore Should Start Sunday

Guest RT81

Neither is Jake. And most of agree we rather lose with Matt, then Jake. Cause Jake is finished, time to move on. Give the kid a chance to see what he can do

In Moore starts, atleast he throw the ball over 20 times each start. 9-17 and 67 yards is just bad. THEN HE HAD BACK TO BACK INT, JUST GAVE TB POINTS. Shows the staff dont trust him. So how about make a change

The truth is that Jake is actually throwing less to Smith unless he is wide open. Why? Jake has gotten burned enough that he has learned that Smith seems to be out of miracle catches and heroics unlike last year. This year they just get picked off.

Absolutely. Jake isn't forcing the ball to Smith, and when he takes deep shots, it's usually so off that neither Smith or the defender has a chance at it. He's been targeting Smith less this year and spreading the ball around. Unfortunately, he's still been making bad decisions with the ball that end up being turnovers. I agree though, it's not because he's forcing it to just Smith.

The myth is that Moore played well. He managed 3 games winning 2 on a pared down offense. Since then he has looked lost and played poorly. Even in 2007 his passer rating was 67. He is not the answer. Wouldn't be surprised if Feeley went in before Moore did.

I don't know where this idea comes from that Matt Moore is a good quarterback. We've all seen him play. Sure, he won 2 games. Jake just won the last two games too. Nobody's defending Jake.. why Moore? I'm not so sure that I'd rather see Feeley, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he was in before Moore.

What I don't understand is if you don't believe that Matt Moore can play at all, to the point where you signed a washed up benchwarmer... why did he even make the team? I'm not advocating Moore to start or play or anything like that, but you would think that if Fox had 0 confidence in him that he wouldn't have made the final cut.

The answer at QB is definitely not on the roster.

after yesterday I can't defend Jake anymore he getting worse every week and its just time to move on.This team has too much talent on it to keep having to clean up after jake mistakes.

you're already progressing!

if you keep this up, i'll take everything I said about you back!

For arguments sake, if Matt Moore were equal to Jake Delhomme in ability I would start Matt Moore right now. Hell even if he was slightly less capable than Delhomme, I would start Matt Moore right now.

Why?

In the NFL we have seen many times a bench QB come into what was otherwise a quality huddle and provide the spark needed to get the rest of the team mowing. Just a few that come to mind...Tom Brady, Tony Romo, Kerry Collins *2008*, Kurt Warner *2008*, Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Kyle Orton. I know this isn't apples to apples in experience, Tom Brady and Tony Romo are probably the closest comparisons. The point is the same, many times, new blood = new energy.

I would take Matt right now just for the potential spark. I think this team would rally around him and each step up just a bit more to give him the best shot at winning. We're not getting that kind of effort from the offense right now.

I don't know where this idea comes from that Matt Moore is a good quarterback. We've all seen him play. Sure, he won 2 games. Jake just won the last two games too. Nobody's defending Jake.. why Moore? I'm not so sure that I'd rather see Feeley, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he was in before Moore.

What I don't understand is if you don't believe that Matt Moore can play at all, to the point where you signed a washed up benchwarmer... why did he even make the team? I'm not advocating Moore to start or play or anything like that, but you would think that if Fox had 0 confidence in him that he wouldn't have made the final cut.

The answer at QB is definitely not on the roster.

Carolina just won a game indespite of Delhomme...that isn't Jake winning one.

Moore showed promise last year and a clear spark. Jake has shown nothing this year except that he can GREATLY hurt Carolina. Moore will make mistakes but the odds of him matching how big of a liability Jake has been recently are slim. So what is the argument for sticking w/ Jake? I mean there isn't anything to support Moore being worse......

Here is the way I see it. Put Moore in for the next two winnable games. We know we are going to lose down the stretch to the Pats, Saints, Giants, Etc. So put Moore in while he has a shot to win the game. It will give him and the whole rest of the team a huge shot of confidence even if he puts up the most pedestrian of numbers. As long as he's not a total train wreck, I really do feel like it will be a shot in the arm for the team.

Probable scenario: We win a few more games than we would with Jake, and we get to see if our next QB is on our roster or not heading into this years draft, with an uncapped year possibly looming. We also get to see what it's like to get beaten by other teams, instead of ourselves.

Worst case scenario: He plays half as bad as Jake does, and we lose 9 or 10 games this season instead of the 12 we'll lose with Jake. We keep him as a backup for some unknown reason, and draft another project with Fox & Co. gone.

Best case scenario: We beat the teams we should, and surprise some people by beating a few we shouldn't. We get a shot of confidence by people finally feeling like we have someone that isn't legally retarded under center, and we take our young team with talent and kick ass next year.

Here is the way I see it. Put Moore in for the next two winnable games. We know we are going to lose down the stretch to the Pats, Saints, Giants, Etc. So put Moore in while he has a shot to win the game. It will give him and the whole rest of the team a huge shot of confidence even if he puts up the most pedestrian of numbers. As long as he's not a total train wreck, I really do feel like it will be a shot in the arm for the team.

Probable scenario: We win a few more games than we would with Jake, and we get to see if our next QB is on our roster or not heading into this years draft, with an uncapped year possibly looming. We also get to see what it's like to get beaten by other teams, instead of ourselves.

Worst case scenario: He plays half as bad as Jake does, and we lose 9 or 10 games this season instead of the 12 we'll lose with Jake. We keep him as a backup for some unknown reason, and draft another project with Fox & Co. gone.

Best case scenario: We beat the teams we should, and surprise some people by beating a few we shouldn't. We get a shot of confidence by people finally feeling like we have someone that isn't legally retarded under center, and we take our young team with talent and kick ass next year.

Rep if I could.

I'm all for putting Matt Moore while the schedule is soft compared to games three weeks from now and onward. But, based off John Fox's general M.O., that's likely not happening unless Delhomme gets hurt or when the Panthers are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Sorry.

Archived