• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trai out

KillaCamNewton

19 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

You may have heard this before.  Hindsight is 20/20.  Kalil's contract is up and he is retiring after this year.  I would think you all would be on board with not letting a career Panther go as much as I hear whining still about Josh Norman!  TD was retiring too before season and nobody knew he would be suspended.  Torrey Smith's measly 5 million wasn't enough to pay Norwell the OT money he ended up getting from Jacksonville.  

These moves were not hindsight. They were obvious to any logical fan wanting to win and look towards the future. The issue, was a butthurt GM (Gettle) being replaced by Hurney, a guy who is KNOWN to give out contracts to reward panther favorties that casual fans can recognize when in reality it's time to let go and move on and sign other guys for the future.

Signing Matt Kalil was an obvious thing we should NOT have done. I can't see that as hindsight more than stupidity.

Ryan Kalil should have been CUT. His back up plays just as well, mainly because he's actually on the field, but stats show it as well he was retained for being a fan favorite. This isn't hind sight.

Norman should've at least played under the tag. ALL teams have players they overpay and he was one worth doing it for. This is was NOT hindsight.

TD should be CUT. Shaq can take on his role with very little drop off. Also kept because he was a recognizable name by the fans and JRs guy. NOT hindsight.

With the money saved by making the right moves here, this team could be overpaying norman and norwell but at least they'd be contributing. As I said, all teams have guys they are overpaying except maybe the patriots, you guys think just because we didn't overpay Norwell or Norman we somehow got out of overpaying for players and made the right move, newsflash we are overpaying the wrong players, we are over paying the Kalils and TD and they're not even on the field (being on the field doesn't count for Matt).

This is incompetence, not hindsight. Incompetent ownership and general managing and it's not hard to see.

Olsen is the only one I'd call hindsight. But if he is injured for most of this season...it's time to MOVE ON. The panthers just don't learn. When the back up is playing as good as the starter it's time to MOVE ON. These are moves the patriots would never ever in a million years make and as much as I hate them, their organization knows player management.

4 hours ago, steven8989 said:

9 points for the Falcons at home you have to be out of ur mind. Man your posts just keep getting terrible.

no freeman plus sark could equal alot of FGs. I think the D needs to do their classic bend but dont break and force turn overs. there is no question we have to win the turn over battle to win this game.

8 hours ago, Lumps said:

These moves were not hindsight. They were obvious to any logical fan wanting to win and look towards the future. The issue, was a butthurt GM (Gettle) being replaced by Hurney, a guy who is KNOWN to give out contracts to reward panther favorties that casual fans can recognize when in reality it's time to let go and move on and sign other guys for the future.

Signing Matt Kalil was an obvious thing we should NOT have done. I can't see that as hindsight more than stupidity.

Ryan Kalil should have been CUT. His back up plays just as well, mainly because he's actually on the field, but stats show it as well he was retained for being a fan favorite. This isn't hind sight.

Norman should've at least played under the tag. ALL teams have players they overpay and he was one worth doing it for. This is was NOT hindsight.

TD should be CUT. Shaq can take on his role with very little drop off. Also kept because he was a recognizable name by the fans and JRs guy. NOT hindsight.

With the money saved by making the right moves here, this team could be overpaying norman and norwell but at least they'd be contributing. As I said, all teams have guys they are overpaying except maybe the patriots, you guys think just because we didn't overpay Norwell or Norman we somehow got out of overpaying for players and made the right move, newsflash we are overpaying the wrong players, we are over paying the Kalils and TD and they're not even on the field (being on the field doesn't count for Matt).

This is incompetence, not hindsight. Incompetent ownership and general managing and it's not hard to see.

Olsen is the only one I'd call hindsight. But if he is injured for most of this season...it's time to MOVE ON. The panthers just don't learn. When the back up is playing as good as the starter it's time to MOVE ON. These are moves the patriots would never ever in a million years make and as much as I hate them, their organization knows player management.

First of all thanks for debating with actual points to back up your point of view.

I do agree with the majority of your points.  I believe the threat of cutting TD was the last straw for Gettleman getting canned though.  His fundraiser at comedy zone was put on hold till after it was announced he was 100% not getting let go.

Also you contradict yourself because the Patriots wouldn’t have paid Norman or Norwell either.  They let go so many of their ballers in prime years over this run with Belicheat.  They let go Law, Milloy, and Seymour to name a few.  Hell, they even traded Jimmy G and no former players lash out & the media hardly ever criticizes.

In the end hindsight means something happened and you have the ability to break it down later.  We may have had opinions when these moves were made, and now we can super analyze. 

10 hours ago, luke nukem said:

no freeman plus sark could equal alot of FGs. I think the D needs to do their classic bend but dont break and force turn overs. there is no question we have to win the turn over battle to win this game.

Yeah I don't agree with that first home game and coming off bad loss. Atlanta will score at least 24 points. Plus Coleman is better than Freeman. I hate Freeman is not playing because we always stop him.

Archived