• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Top 5 graded Panthers on Offense. There's one large outlier.

Saca312

reminder I don't believe in PFF. I am a messenger. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-nfl-week-2-atlanta-falcons-31-carolina-panthers-24

It was not a great day for Cam Newton, who earned his bad interception luck with two dropped interceptions coming as a result of careless throws. That inaccuracy and decision-making helped put the Panthers in comeback mode, and while he valiantly tried to rally, it was too little too late ultimately.

32 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

saw some dudes on twitter breaking down one of cam's "interceptable" passes and it sure seemed like it was moore's fault

That's what I thought when I saw it live. It didn't look like Moore was in the right spot. Having admitted that I still want to see his snaps increased substantially.

14 hours ago, Shaqil915 said:

PFF is so stupid, if this DJ Moore guy was actually any good, our coaches would surely be giving him play time.

Supposedly they are trying to get him game time in all three positions without sacrificing efficiency. It's difficult to learn one position let alone three. Moore is our number one receiver in training and is being put in a position to succeed once we can get him on the field full time. We will line him up anywhere and everywhere to give him the best shot to get the ball.

I feel fortunate to have him on my fantasy team because I believe that in Week 5 he will be starting and playing as much as Funchess. 

14 minutes ago, Tarheels23 said:

Either you were intercepted or you weren't....... This is the dumbest thing EVER.

As far as grading goes in fairness you can't put the one interception on Cam right? So in the same type of grading scale you would notate the inaccurate throws as well, it seemed like one was the only bad bad pass the one Smith broke up the other seemed like he threw it where his receiver was suppose to be.

18 minutes ago, Tarheels23 said:

Either you were intercepted or you weren't....... This is the dumbest thing EVER.

Indeed.

One thing about Cam's "almost interceptions" is that DBs that get their hands on Cam's passes likely aren't used to just how damned hard Cam throws the ball.

I'm not saying that happens every time, of course, but the reason some of Cam's "almost interceptions" aren't "actual interceptions" is because of... Cam.

I'm interested to see how Cam grades out in DYAR on Football Outsiders this week.  I didn't think he played poorly at all.  His QBR was >70, and he made at least five good throws that were dropped from what I counted.  Two would have been first downs and one would have been a TD to Ian Thomas.  I'm sure the guys at PFF are smarter than I am about this stuff, but Cam played well enough for the Panthers to win on Sunday imo

Archived