• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Evolution of the Carolina Panthers Offense Under Norv Turner

Saca312

38 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

I guess sometimes experience does matter lol

Like when I told you that Jarvis Landry was the premiere slot receiver in the game, especially over the likes of Jamison Crowder. It's not always about stat crunching and overanalyzing. Real ballers are gonna ball when they get their opportunity, no matter the setting. Landry is a genuine baller!

These aging eyes have seen a lot of NFL over the years, so they may not be right all the time, just most of the time. 

FWIW, as you should already know, Samuel looks to be a baller. I've told you to not sell DJ short though. He may be a baller too once he gets more practical experience. 

16 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Like when I told you that Jarvis Landry was the premiere slot receiver in the game, especially over the likes of Jamison Crowder. It's not always about stat crunching and overanalyzing. Real ballers are gonna ball when they get their opportunity, no matter the setting. Landry is a genuine baller!

These aging eyes have seen a lot of NFL over the years, so they may not be right all the time, just most of the time. 

FWIW, as you should already know, Samuel looks to be a baller. I've told you to not sell DJ short though. He may be a baller too once he gets more practical experience. 

In Saca's defense, he never said Moore WOULDN'T be a baller eventually, just that coming out of college he is very raw. Everyone can see he is a monster with the ball in his hands, but he is still a work in progress. 

I freaking loved this GT Counter play.  I freaking hated it when I was a DC.  

We used to call it GianT (G and T). 

What really makes this play more lethal is when you had the RPO element.  Either giving Cam a pitch man or running a bubble concept and reading the OLB instead of the DE.  

Good write up and explanation.  What really screws you on defense is the read for the ILBs.  Any pull action most teams teach the linebackers to flow that way and fast. 

41 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

In Saca's defense, he never said Moore WOULDN'T be a baller eventually, just that coming out of college he is very raw. Everyone can see he is a monster with the ball in his hands, but he is still a work in progress. 

The only reason that I said that is that Saca is pretty sure of himself that Samuel is going to be our WR1 (over and above Moore). That is a possibility, but I'm just saying "Slow your roll!"

9 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Vikings defense is overrated anyways. Goff regression game incoming soon.

Cam's elite af and will start turning heads soon.

The Rams aren't slowing down any time soon and Goff will only get better. They may be the new Patriots. If we play them in NFC championship, it'll be a hell of a game. Plus the NFL needs the LA market to succeed so expect everything to be thrown their way.

13 minutes ago, RumHam said:

The Rams aren't slowing down any time soon and Goff will only get better. They may be the new Patriots. If we play them in NFC championship, it'll be a hell of a game. Plus the NFL needs the LA market to succeed so expect everything to be thrown their way.

Goff looks absolutely amazing so far.  Actually reminds me a lot of Brady, or Joe Montana.  It must be nice and helpful to have Sean McVey in your ear telling you what to do pre-snap every play.

2 hours ago, PantherBrew said:

I freaking loved this GT Counter play.  I freaking hated it when I was a DC.  

We used to call it GianT (G and T). 

What really makes this play more lethal is when you had the RPO element.  Either giving Cam a pitch man or running a bubble concept and reading the OLB instead of the DE.  

Good write up and explanation.  What really screws you on defense is the read for the ILBs.  Any pull action most teams teach the linebackers to flow that way and fast. 

For real. Coach Dan Casey's a good follow on twitter for pretty much anything and he's big on the GT Counter. Recommend you look through this to find some plays he highlights and counters if you ever get back into coaching or know people who'd like this.

https://twitter.com/search?q=gt counter from%3Acoachdancasey&src=typd

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

The Vikings defense was pretty bad. We'll see what Goff will do when someone doesn't allow him to be comfortable. 

58 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

But is Norv really better than Shula? LOL

All fairness, he's employing a similar system as Shula did. 

Except in this case, it's more of Shula having to try to copy Norv's system while Norv was the literal godfather of it. Shula failed at situational playcalling and adapting to defenses. He tried to blame having limited weapons (which is fair) but some of it was simply not having decent in-game play-calling. He has some good designs, but he doesn't know how to execute.

Norv is showing he understands how to execute and put together plays to attack the defense based on personnel and how to maximize the talent he has. And he's doing a fantastic job thus far.

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

Yea I saw the refs turn their backs and pick up flags just for them to get an advantage. You can't beat both Refs and a good team.

Archived