• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eric Reid Press Conference

Saca312

6 minutes ago, bull123 said:

All he talked about was slavery and “his people”...good grief

Then you didn't watch the presser.  He only answered the questions he was asked.

He talked football when the media asked football questions.  He only talked about Kap and protesting when they asked him that.  

The media obviously had an agenda which is why they asked so many questions about his protest history, Kap, and his collusion case.  

The dude said absolutely nothing bad or divisive.  All he said was he wants to help people that are growing up similar to them have a better life.  Why would that bother anyone?

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

I don't think anyone did but I hoped it would not be a distraction. From what I see I just hope we keep winning. 

They are only distractions if you let it bother you and get worked up about it.  Even if you disagree with his political views, you just ignore it and just tune in on 1:05 pm on Sunday to watch the game.  

2 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Since everyone but snake on this thread is attacking me when I say it’s not ok to have our Players talking about slavery....if he is a player and helps us win I’ll shut up...nothing more important than winning 

but if he ends up being a huge distraction then that something else

can you imagine going to work for a company you are suing for not giving you a job?

im scared this guy is a radical militant with no focus on team or football...just creating a stage for himself

hope I’m wrong...and will say so if proven

Why is it not okay? All that matters is what Tepper thinks. If he's okay with it, then that's what it is. It's his team.

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

I don't think anyone did but I hoped it would not be a distraction. From what I see I just hope we keep winning. 

This presser was hardly a distraction.  On twitter, there is almost 0 impact.  Only local media voices.

There will be some conversation on Sunday depending on how/if he protests but then it will be done.

4 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

You still control what you're inundated with.. Turn off the TV and read a book if you want to put your head in the sand and act like nothing is wrong..

So if I want to go to a Football game, movie or something and be without politics for a bit then I have my head in the sand??   

Just now, jamos14 said:

Then you didn't watch the presser.  He only answered the questions he was asked.

He talked football when the media asked football questions.  He only talked about Kap and protesting when they asked him that.  

The media obviously had an agenda which is why they asked so many questions about his protest history, Kap, and his collusion case.  

The dude said absolutely nothing bad or divisive.  All he said was he wants to help people that are growing up similar to them have a better life.  Why would that bother anyone?

Exactly. 

The media asks questions that are going to get clicks. The more controversy, the more clicks, the more clicks, the better they are doing as a "reporter", the better they do, the bigger raise they get. 

Create controversy where there isn't any. Look at how many clicks and responses this thread has already gotten if you think I'm wrong. 

1 minute ago, jamos14 said:

Valid point but he did wear a Kap shirt. Both feed each other. It's the day we live in and the Jerry Springer social justice isn't going away. 

5 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Since everyone but snake on this thread is attacking me when I say it’s not ok to have our Players talking about slavery....if he is a player and helps us win I’ll shut up...nothing more important than winning 

but if he ends up being a huge distraction then that something else

can you imagine going to work for a company you are suing for not giving you a job?

im scared this guy is a radical militant with no focus on team or football...just creating a stage for himself

hope I’m wrong...and will say so if proven

I don’t know your political standpoint and by all points and circumstances it really doesn’t matter. However, hypothetically, if Kuechly wore a MAGA hat to practice or a Clinton shirt to a press conference would you be upset?

Or is it simply because the topic being discussed here is about race?

1 minute ago, Sub Zero said:

No I prove you're a fuging moron who sits here and spews stupidity on a daily basis.. In his time Jim Brown and Ali were looked at worst than Kaep.. And again calling somebody classy while they have a long record of committing domestic abuse.. Shows you don't have a clue what you're talking about.. Go Google some reference material on a subject... Read it.. before posting your dumb poo. 

People respected Jim Brown and Ali and a nation wanted to watch them. Why because they were great players. Let's not forget Ali was actually stripped of his title fight a war that was killing millions of people. Kaps fighting for the drug dealers and criminals while ignoring the people getting killed by those people. You know the innocent people. So don't compare great people to Kap. 

2 minutes ago, grateflday said:

So if I want to go to a Football game, movie or something and be without politics for a bit then I have my head in the sand??   

Yes.. Its called life.. If you want to shut yourself off from the world than do things that keep you from other humans, social media, and technology...  As long as you're around these things ppl will find ways to give you their opinions..

Archived