• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best kicker in franchise history

Randolph Panther

3 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Is Jon Kasay

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Eeehh no, that's still John Kasay.

Gano is capable of hitting from 60 and missing from 40.  Luckily we got the good side of the coin today.

At this point all of Gano's stats are better, both regular season and playoffs, and he's been just as clutch if not moreso. Kasay deserves his honors, particularly for his role in Smitty's maturation, but Gano has earned the nod.

Just now, KSpan said:

At this point all of Gano's stats are better, both regular season and playoffs, and he's been just as clutch if not moreso. Kasay deserves his honors, particularly for his role in Smitty's maturation, but Gano has earned the nod.

No he hasn't. Gano usually chokes under clutch situations where Kasay usually was money. Kasay is one of the best kickers in NFL history. Without him in 2003, we wouldn't have been in the Super Bowl. Gano has cost us playoff games. Kasay has also made 43 50 plus FGs while Gano has only made 19.

The best asset a kicker can have it to be clutch. Kasay was one of the best in league with the game on line. And in his prime he was hitting 50 yarders all the time.  

If I remember right Kasay didn't start out as an exceptional kicker. He grew into it and I think it may be what we are seeing with Gano. He's had a great year. He's got a bigger leg than Kasay but I still think John is better right now.

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

No he hasn't. Gano usually chokes under clutch situations where Kasay usually was money. Kasay is one of the best kickers in NFL history. Without him in 2003, we wouldn't have been in the Super Bowl. Gano has cost us playoff games. Kasay has also made 43 50 plus FGs while Gano has only made 19.

I didn't take anything away from Kasay and Kasay choked sometimes too... are you forgetting that same Super Bowl? Does Carolina get to the Super Bowl in 2015 without Gano and his multiple game-winners? 

1 minute ago, ChibCU said:

I'm not a Gano fan and I'd have to say he's a better kicker than Kasay was while here.

We had to waste an active roster spot to f'ing field two kickers. Kasay also lost us the Super Bowl.

You're a moron if you think he lost us the Super Bowl

Archived