• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did we win a football game?

Jaxel

And have some awesome specials teams play including an amazing 63 yard field goal that not only broke the hearts of a team most people outside of New York hate, but also their sad and hollow spirit?

You wouldn't know reading the posts on this forum... a win's a win ladies and gents, celebrate a bit.

2 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

And have some awesome specials teams play including an amazing 63 yard field goal that not only broke the hearts of a team most people outside of New York hate, but also their sad and hollow spirit?

You wouldn't know reading the posts on this forum... a win's a win ladies and gents, celebrate a bit.

Huddle is def a glass is half empty type of place. I’m really concerned about our pass rush. 

I think people just expect a better performance against one of the worst teams in the NFL.  Don't get me wrong, yesterday's win may go down as one of the greatest moments in the history of the team, but we were playing a team that we should have massacred.  

In fairness, though, they have a lot of info on us considering their staff and GM.  Maybe that's the excuse we can all hope is accurate.

4 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

You should know by now that this is not a place for positivity.....  The rule of the game here is to complain about everything and everybody.  If Gano would miss a 70 yard field goal next week, the Huddle want to see him gone!  

1 minute ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I think people just expect a better performance against one of the worst teams in the NFL.  Don't get me wrong, yesterday's win may go down as one of the greatest moments in the history of the team, but we were playing a team that we should have massacred.  

In fairness, though, they have a lot of info on us considering their staff and GM.  Maybe that's the excuse we can all hope is accurate.

They were also desperate and tried every thing in their power to win... and still lost.

Sometimes football is a weird game.  Yesterday was among the weirdest games I can remember.

Everyone is bashing our D, but don't forget, the Giants were really struggling offensively until that double pass.  Even after it, the defense created turnovers today as well as they have all year. Odell Beckham is gonna be Odell Beckham.

That muffed punt was among the wildest plays I can remember the last several years. 

Cam was lights out in the first half, and abysmal in the 2nd.  It's ok to evaluate him as such.  That block was what you love to see.

Graham was lights out from 60+ in warmups today.  I know that's still not exactly reliable, but it's true.  Also helps explain the 3rd and 1 call. 

Sometimes you need the ball to bounce your way, and today it did.  These are professionals.   Any Given Sunday.

If that game yesterday had been the SB win that everyone wants, we'd be seeing posts about how lucky we were to win, we're not a very good team, and we'll definitely suck next year. 

It wasn't a satisfying win and there are multiple things that need fixing/improving, but every good team has some ugly wins, and it's a shame when people can't take even a few hours to celebrate a win- any win by any means. 

Here's my take on why this feels different

• Giants had the institutional knowledge of our players ability and used it well against us-something I didn't consider but is a valid point in hindsight
  • Norv got stuck on running CMC...
  • Our secondary is still rebuilding- for the third year
  • Our Special Teams was the difference- something new to the Huddle
  • We got some breaks in officiating- also new
  • Our DL  had no pressure on the QB- again, surprising 
  • Poor clock management- that's on Rivera and needs to be fixed

My theory is it wasn't out typical game for us and has many on tilt.  what we should do well, we didn't and it was our special teams that won the day. And I'll add, Cam tried to will a win but they were ready for him to run.

It wasn't pretty but we aren't a pretty team and I'm fine with that...we are in a good position with a single loss and have a key players returning.  

In fact, this was an unusually tough win which we may have needed to make key changes this early in the season because we will have more close games in this division. 

and Gano?  classic team player, glad he had the chance to shine, he showed a lot of class after the game...and that Spanish language call is for the ages.

The Panthers, no matter how good they are, tend to play to the level of their competition.  Even in the super bowl season of 2015, as dominant as we were during the second half of the season, we let a lot of teams hang in there against us.  It's extremely rare for us to just put our foot on someone's neck.  

First and foremost, No!, this is not a place of positivity, and yes we should celebrate every win. However, we just allowed a team that haven't scored 30 since 2015 to drop 30 on us. We allowed another 100 yard rusher,  the 2nd in 4 games. We put very little pressure on the QB, allowing him to look like he's all pro. Our offense couldn't move the ball really, against an average defense. Yes we won, but some of us have a level of expectation that we either expect or feel we should be at. I'm always glad we won and excited for Gano but it shouldn't have come down to us having to kick a 63 yard field goal. 

1 hour ago, CardiacCat said:

You should know by now that this is not a place for positivity.....  The rule of the game here is to complain about everything and everybody.  If Gano would miss a 70 yard field goal next week, the Huddle want to see him gone!  

chicken_little-e1367965640158.png

Archived