• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone Else Feel Like We Waste Too Much Time Supporting This Team?

bobsfoodbasics

17 hours ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

We spend all week posting on this forum. We watch every second of every Panthers game. We read every tweet about the team. We spend money on tickets and jerseys.

And what are we getting out of it? It's not even entertaining watching this team.

Deep down we all know this team is not winning a super bowl. Every week the team comes out looking unprepared. Every week someone on the team lets us down. Even when the Panthers win, they make silly mistakes that should have been corrected in the preseason.

Am I alone in feeling this way? Is it time to take a break from wasting so much time on this team? 

I think the only positive coming from this season is new ownership. Tepper seems like a stand up dude who wants to win. That's all I can think of.

20+ years ago there wasn’t even a team to support. The Carolinas are lucky to have the Panthers, plenty of areas like where I live have no local team to support. If you think you’re wasting your time then find something else to do.

If you feel like you’re putting too much time into this, you probably are. 

Its just a game guys, I love it and watch it when I can. But after we went down 14-0 yesterday I did other things till the game got close. 

Its just a game and a source of entertainment nothing more or less. 

I love the sport and my team tho!

there’s nothing that says you have to sit on your ass while you watch a game. i often watch on my phone out doing errands, or while exercising. i’m writing this on my phone while making breakfast in Bhutan. i read books by listening to audible while hiking. if you sit on your couch all day, that’s a you problem. don’t blame someone else.

All I know is that if you have the gall to question others on their fandom. Maybe you need to look in the mirror. NO ONE has a right to say what type of fan you need to be. 

I mean, it is great that you are out doing things. Wheeeee for you. But do not think for one minute I care what you think of how I go about being fan. 

Shame on you. (re: Fug off) for trying to tell me how to be a fan. You sanctimonious, self important turd.

Sorry for the rant. Got a wild one. Had to let it out. Apologize to the innocent. 

Shout out to the @razor for setting me on the straight and narrow years ago. Back when I also thought I had the right to call otherz out on their fandom. Where it comes to fandom. Let our freak flag fly. Or not. 

13 hours ago, Palmetto said:

Its three hours out of the whole week

No sports team should be your whole life or even that important

Besides this is far from the worse this franchise has seen 

Imagine being a lions or a Browns fan

Dude!!!!!!!!!! I have been a Lions fan for damm near 60 years. The Pantherz have far more success in their short existence than I have seen from the LIons in my lifetime. Yet, there are some Panther fanz acting like they deserve better. While Lions fanz are just waiting on better. 

9 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

All I know is that if you have the gall to question others on their fandom. Maybe you need to look in the mirror. NO ONE has a right to say what type of fan you need to be. 

I mean, it is great that you are out doing things. Wheeeee for you. But do not think for one minute I care what you think of how I go about being fan. 

Shame on you. (re: Fug off) for trying to tell me how to be a fan. You sanctimonious, self important turd.

Archived