• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera Monday presser

ncfan

7 hours ago, Seltzer said:

I have been a big Rivera supporter, but I was pissed about not going for it on 4th and inches at midfield at the start of the game.  We have the best short yardage QB in history and you punt.

Set the tone for the whole game... and it was embarrassing.  It's certainly not why we lost, but it was gutless.

I kinda was.  

The players looked totally deflated after that play.  Momentum was gone, no one looked ready to play.  

9 hours ago, PanthersBigD said:

They had to practice in a ballroom because we have no indoor facility. Practicing installations in an event space rather than on a practice field could create some issues. He never said it was weather at the game. 

I get that it wasn't about yesterday's weather.

I still think it's an excuse, and a flimsy one at that.

8 hours ago, davos said:

I kinda was.  

The players looked totally deflated after that play.  Momentum was gone, no one looked ready to play.  

On top of the fact that we had very few offensive possessions in that game due to Washington holding the ball so long.

Then we ended up the game with one last desperate possession that ultimately failed when we flushed two offensive possessions (i.e. opportunities to score) in the 1st half down the toilet because the head coach is a puss.

"But if we had tried to score in those situations, that would have been risky and we might have lost the game!"

Yeah... about that. 

21 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

Rivera's tenure is riddled with excuses. You'd think a former player military guy would have the guts to take some responsibility, but that ain't Ron.

Out of a million things that irritate me about ol' Ron, this irritates me the most of all. He hardly ever says anything was on the coaching staff, he'll always have an excuse like bad weather or poor execution by the players.

21 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I think anything less than 9-7 or 10-6 and Rivera's ass is on fire.  Tepper has spoken about continuity, but he's also seemingly a very forward thinking dude.  I doubt he likes watching 1970s football all that much coming from the Steelers offense of late. 

If we don't have a winning record after starting 3-1 when we haven't had back-to-back winning seasons in our history, anger won't even begin to describe the feelings I'll have.

Archived