• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to an Eagles Analyst, the Eagles defense didn’t play “prevent” or go soft in the 4Q

Saca312

As if there was any more need to validate just how much more effective Cam is dictating the offense. According to a well respected Eagles analyst, he says the defense was not the cause of their meltdown.

So, if that’s the case, in theory this style of offense would work four total quarters.

Hopefully Cam’s recent comments on the no huddle during the presser and two weeks in a row of improved offensive efficiency will help change Rivera’s mind a little bit.

So, who do we believe? Duffy? Or Kabab?

Because, IMO, Offensively, everything change at half. We came out the second half, and blocked better. We moved the ball, we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Until the end that is.

Not sure what turned the Defense around. Just glad they did.

40 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

So, who do we believe? Duffy? Or Kabab?

Because, IMO, Offensively, everything change at half. We came out the second half, and blocked better. We moved the ball, we just kept shooting ourselves in the foot. Until the end that is.

Not sure what turned the Defense around. Just glad they did.

I think we definitely started bringing more pressure on the defensive side.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think we definitely started bringing more pressure on the defensive side.

I just remembered them dancing on the field before the KO after they scored there last TD. They were riding high, we were struggling. Our sideline must have seen that. Cuz we scored the next 21 points. 

Wentz definitely went away from those down field throws. Whether it was pressure, or scheme. It was a factor in our comeback. And toward the end of the game, he had happy feet in the pocket.

And that last pass to Jeffery. I don't think he was going to catch that. But man, Bradberry was in a bad way right there.

6 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I just remembered them dancing on the field before the KO after they scored there last TD. They were riding high, we were struggling. Our sideline must have seen that. Cuz we scored the next 21 points. 

Wentz definitely went away from those down field throws. Whether it was pressure, or scheme. It was a factor in our comeback. And toward the end of the game, he had happy feet in the pocket.

And that last pass to Jeffery. I don't think he was going to catch that. But man, Bradberry was in a bad way right there.

Yep, he got burned bad. But, at least he had the presence of mind to eat the penalty and prevent the TD.

Honestly, Wentz choked pretty damn hard at the end there. He played a great game up until that point, but down there in the redzone he threw two balls that probably should've been picked. On that third down play (the ball Adams should've picked) he had his checkdown wide open but threw into double coverage in the endzone. On the final play if the game he had Jeffrey wide open across the middle but to be honest I think by the time he cleared the pocket was collapsing pretty hard and  made it just about impossible for him to get the ball off. It looked like he saw it and was trying to slide to the left to create a lane but Peppers got there.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, he got burned bad. But, at least he had the presence of mind to eat the penalty and prevent the TD.

Honestly, Wentz choked pretty damn hard at the end there. He played a great game up until that point, but down there in the redzone he threw two balls that probably should've been picked. On that third down play (the ball Adams should've picked) he had his checkdown wide open but threw into double coverage in the endzone. On the final play if the game he had Jeffrey wide open across the middle but to be honest I think by the time he cleared the pocket was collapsing pretty hard and  made it just about impossible for him to get the ball off. It looked like he saw it and was trying to slide to the left to create a lane but Peppers got there.

I was actually wondering about those last two plays. Was it not 3rd and 5? He forced 1 into the endzone, and was going there on 4th. He never looked at getting the 1st down.

It was eerily similar to last week. Folks up in here questioned Cam going for the TD, instead of the 1st down. This week, Wentz went for the TD, instead of the 1st down. Maybe QBs have a savior complex. They just have to go for the win. I don't know, but it is kinda eery. 

4 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Offensive tempo and better protection were the game changers in the 4th. I, too, would like to see a faster pace in the first 3 quarters.  Hard to get into rhythm as a QB when every play the ball is snapped with a second on the play clock

You can't put a defense on their heels when they can predict the snap count, either.

4 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

It was eerily similar to last week. Folks up in here questioned Cam going for the TD, instead of the 1st down. This week, Wentz went for the TD, instead of the 1st down. Maybe QBs have a savior complex. They just have to go for the win. I don't know, but it is kinda eery. 

People just question poo.

If peppers hadn't got his hand up, and Wentz and found his guy wide open in the middle of the end zone on that fourth down play, they'd be heralding him as a hero.

Same if Cam had put just a little more touch on that pass to CMC in the corner of the end zone. Of course lol if you think the Panthers defense was stopping anyone against the Redskins 

also they might not have been in prevent but they sure as hell were gassed. That's what happens when your defense decides to get off the field and the offense doesn't.  

But really that's another extension of how out of touch ron is with the entire NFL.

It's silly to play defense to force the team into 4th and short if they're going to go for it every time. 

It's dumb to play for a 7.5 yard stick throws on 3rd and 7 when your QB is cam and you're throwing it to slow tight end in devin funchess

There were definitely adjustments made, with the biggest one offensively being that they gave Cam the keys to the car again to get them home, because they were drunk for 3 quarters.  Terry Bradshaw said in the post-game show that in the first half, Norv was running nothing but shallow to intermediate routes, 5-10 yards, but when Cam started running it more uptempo, he said we clearly were running intermediate to deep routes (15-20 yards) all over the field, and it opened things up. And that, as simple as it sounds, makes a ton of sense...  remember the stat last week about Cam and our offense not being very successful throwing/completing 20+ yard passes?  Maybe it's because Norv just hasn't been calling plays with those routes...  just like we didn't the whole first half.  I think it is by Ron's design to milk the clock.  Problem is, we often end up shooting ourselves in the foot playing with TOP as the priority.

I'm hoping this game acts as a catalyst much like the game it reminded me of back in '15 did - when we came back against the Seahawks on the road.  After that game, Cam was allowed to run more uptempo/no-huddle/wide-open than he ever had before, including making more calls and adjustments at the line than he ever had prior...  he only ended up winning league MVP as a result.  When it comes to coaching with our team, especially on offense, less is more.  Hopefully Norv trusts Cam now.

Archived