• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton is our Blessing

bigdavis

15 minutes ago, Broku said:

Exactly this.  It makes me wonder why I keep coming here it’s mind rotting to hear people say “but we still need to run an uptempo offense” or “but he had a terrible 1st quarter” or “he takes too many sacks” I mean fuging hell he single handedly stole the hearts of the eagles I’m surprised there’s not an APB out on em.  

The only threads that should be made about cam THIS WEEK should be the discussion of whether or not he gets into the HOF the first time on the ballot or not 

The argument should be whether or not it's first ballot or they change the rules and allow him into the hall while he's still playing. 

27 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

The argument should be whether or not it's first ballot or they change the rules and allow him into the hall while he's still playing. 

I feel like it’s going to surprise a lot of casual football fans when cam’s a first ballot HOFer.  I was arguing with a good buddy of mine yesterday over it. I told him “look dude I’ll bet you any amount of money that cam’s a first ballot HOFer by the time it’s said and done.  How much you wanna lose.” 

His response:  

“Idk I’ll have to look into it I haven’t researched it enough” lmfao 

Cam  is the highest paid player on the team for a reason. He should be winning games in the fourth quarter and doing what other guys like Brees, Brady and Big Ben do on a regular basis.  I don't feel blessed, I feel like he played great at the end. Last week I thought he blew it at the end. Honestly this is the first time we have come back from a big deficit in years. If he can put together a full 40 minute game I will be feeling blessed. I want consistent great effort.

8 minutes ago, Broku said:

I feel like it’s going to surprise a lot of casual football fans when cam’s a first ballot HOFer.  I was arguing with a good buddy of mine yesterday over it. I told him “look dude I’ll bet you any amount of money that cam’s a first ballot HOFer by the time it’s said and done.  How much you wanna lose.” 

His response:  

“Idk I’ll have to look into it I haven’t researched it enough” lmfao 

Depends on when he retires and what he does between now and then. But no his performance up to now doesn't make him a shoo as a first ballot HOF. Most of his accolades are on the running side not passing. Win a super bowl or two and then he cements his place. Otherwise he has a lot of competition.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Cam  is the highest paid player on the team for a reason. He should be winning games in the fourth quarter and doing what other guys like Brees, Brady and Big Ben do on a regular basis.  I don't feel blessed, I feel like he played great at the end. Last week I thought he blew it at the end. Honestly this is the first time we have come back from a big deficit in years. If he can put together a full 40 minute game I will be feeling blessed. I want consistent great effort.

Your attitude is that of a drill sergeant I once knew.  If they put together a full 40 minute game, you'd want two in a row.  Continual dissatisfaction must emanate from a dark and lonely place.

Roses smell good. Try a whiff.

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

Imagine if some doofus had walked up to Tom Brady immediately after mounting his comeback against the Falcons, and chastised him for missing throws early.

That's what you sound like.

Go checkout Pats forum game day thread from that game right after Brady's pick 6... no QB is immune from fans whining and crying about mistakes and then cheering the heroics. It comes with being a fan ....

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

Here we go with the "but but but but" comments. :eyeroll:

If anything you have to say about our franchise QB leading a 4th quarter comeback down 17 points begins with "but", please kindly get out because we do not need you.

Blind homerism at its finest. Cam plays like the GOAT at times we all know this, but that doesn't mean you can't knock his consistency or accuracy. 5 yards passing at halftime will net you some flack even if you are Tom Brady.

4 hours ago, bigdavis said:

No need to recite all the NFL records that Cam holds already, in his 8th season -- they're known to all, whether one is a devoted fan, a hater, a skeptic, or just a nit-picker (plenty of those here, unfortunately), who gripes about overthrown passes, or who called him a choker a week ago, vs Washington.

But here are a few salient numbers to digest from yesterday's heroic performance, wherein he took the Panthers on his back, and produced a win that will -- at the end of the season -- be recalled as the game that thrust us into the playoff picture:

In the last quarter, down 0-17, with NO indication that we were any threat to the Eagles (and their squad already doing celebration dances on the sidelines), he led drives of 80, 87, and 69 yds, for the 3 TDs that won the game.  In those 4Q drives, he completed 16 passes, for 210 yds, and 12 1st downs.  And a 17th pass, for a 2-point conversion.  Oh, and he rushed for 19 yds, too, in the process setting an NFL record for QBs of 343 rushing 1st downs.  All this, on the road, against the defending Super Bowl champs.  It was his 17th 4Q winning drive.

Now, all this should mean ONE THING to all us huddlers -- we are BLESSED to have Cam Newton as the QB of our Panthers, and anybody who in the future considers criticizing Cam for the occasional overthrow might want to recall this magical quarter of sheer will.

5a21d1d6f914c347018b774d-750-375.jpg

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Me me me me me me me.

Piss off.

Archived