• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watch Thursday night football and Refs are terrible

Snake

From the rulebook:

"If, after an intentional forward movement of his hand, the passer loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body, it is a forward pass. If the player loses possession after he has tucked the ball into his body, it is a fumble."

Honestly really dumb, but the refs get a break from that. Sure it will remain controversial though.

Would assume this rule starts to account to whether the direction is in the positive or negative direction when they fix it up after this.

3 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Terrible call and terrible explanation. 

His arm was moving forward, but he threw the ball backwards. "Disregard where the ball went." How in the hell do you disregard where the ball went? 

I thought I missed something when I heard that? So every swing pass that is behind the RB is now incomplete? 

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

All fairness I also wonder why that wouldn't be a lateral either if it never really moved forward imo. If you throw behind isn't it still considered a lateral?

This is what I can’t get. It’s a backwards pass. Simple. How he did it shouldn’t matter. 

5 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

All fairness I also wonder why that wouldn't be a lateral either if it never really moved forward imo. If you throw behind isn't it still considered a lateral?

Guess now there is such a thing as a backwards incomplete pass. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is certainly not the officiating performance the NFL wanted coming right on the heels of a mid-season ref firing. How can they justify not firing refs after this poo show now that it's been proven they're willing to so?

That firing got them scared. No way they call that penalty before but they are worried about being graded. And let go.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is certainly not the officiating performance the NFL wanted coming right on the heels of a mid-season ref firing. How can they justify not firing refs after this poo show now that it's been proven they're willing to so?

The NFL under Goodell fumbles stuff like this all the time. I mean look at the mess they created with kneeling. We could see more refs fired or they might hire the guy back who knows at this point. 

Whose performance has been worse, Brock Osweiler's or the refs?

Elway sure knows how to pick those QBs. Two 1st rounders. Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch. Yikes. Evidently Elway just thinks that if you're 6'7" you'll make a great NFL QB. Ironically, I can't think of any great NFL QBs who were/are 6'7" but he drafted two in the 1st round.

Archived