• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have a 2 game lead in the Wildcard picture

Mage

2 hours ago, HornetsSting said:

Yay, another participation trophy for the Panthers to make the playoffs. If this team had any sense they would tank so they can rebuild this sorry pass rush and just let the Saints take this one.

Of all the dumb comments I've read on this forum, this might be the dumbest.  Anything can happen in the nfl. Brees is 40 years old. He could get hurt getting out of bed tomorrow and suddenly the saints are toast.  You play to win every game. Tanking for draft picks is loser talk. 

Ok her'es how i see it playing out:

Panthers win the rest, dug given

seattle wins the loss over the bucs who then lose to the rams who beat the chiefs before heading to mexico to play the pats who lose to the bronws and then play the lakers at citifield who then go on to play the vikings before giving it up to the broncos. then in a twist of fate, herschal comes back to play for the alabama mud kings, has a td in every quarter nad the siants signe him to play receiver. but he is so old and doesn't like the millenial way of snapchat evertime they ball itch that he say fudg it i iz out dass raciss but i don't care and he grows his nail long and scratch drew brees mole off. brees is out and taysom wonderkin comes in and royally poos the bed harder tham matt ryan and panthers get not only the wild card but the following:

home field

2 byes, which they use to purchase a pass from goodell to bring back steve AND GH

superb owl.

8 hours ago, dcpanther89 said:

Thinking like this we deserve to not make the playoffs none of those games are easy smh its the NFL you gotta prepare week to week and we didn’t this week obviously 

No game is easy in the NFL.  Teams like Cleveland are building to make a run in couple of years so they won't be a pushover, TB is a divisional Rivalry and will always be trying to knock us off.  Seattle is another team that hates us so they'll be ready.   The lions are another team that won't lie down and give us a "W".  And Any given Sunday it can happen.

We crapped the bed on Thursday, no doubt, but to think we won't be as ready as any team heading into the 2nd half is just as bad as thinking our last game is what we'll see the rest of the season.

I think the OP makes a strong point that we have a 2 game lead for the playoffs.  Some might think it is a participation trophy (stupid comment) but to win the Super Bowl your first goal is to make the playoffs. We could hit our stride and make some waves in the playoffs.  It wouldn't be the first time a wildcard team won it all.   

Finally,  we have two of those final three games against divisional foes on our home turf.  We still have the opportunity to win the division which should be another motivating factor in these upcoming games. 

Even though the loss to the Steelers was humiliating, we are still at 6-3, which is exactly where I expected us to be at this point in the season before it began, though I thought we would lose to the Eagles and beat the Redskins.  I knew we were going to get waxed by the Steelers.  We can still get that #2 seed.  It'll take a miracle to beat the Saints twice, but miracles do happen.

We make in the playoffs , everyone is 0-0. Anything can happen. I feel we about to go on a win streak. It doesn’t matter how you get there, as long as you are there. I seen someone said tank. I never got that mindset. That’s a loser mentality. Browns been getting top pick for years and I’m sure it helped them. I doubt grown men would want to tank and miss playoff checks...and possibly their roster spot....

12 hours ago, HornetsSting said:

Yay, another participation trophy for the Panthers to make the playoffs. If this team had any sense they would tank so they can rebuild this sorry pass rush and just let the Saints take this one.

Damn took three days to get a tank post up. I was expecting the first night

This was definitely a Vegas weekend to recoop their legendary losses from last week. They made sure we didn't sniff a win, and clear favorite lost this weekend and even the cardinals covered the spread. Let's just hope this is an overall off week for the league. 

Archived