• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Being honest. What are your Best Case, and Worst Case?

iamhubby1

Now be honest. 

Me? Well, thanks for asking. IMO, Norv, and Cam seem to be getting their groove on. We defiantly seem to be trending upwards. We have some kids that appear to be coming along nicely. Teamed with Olsen, Funch, and Wright, Cam finally has him some actual weapons. They also seem to be having fun again. If they can continue to improve. This Offense can play with anyone.

Which leaves that pesky Defense. What to do, what to do? Truly the only thing we can do is hope Ron decides there needs to be changes made. Somehow, some way, they need to find a way to generate a pass rush. IMO, our back 7 is a good group. Help them out with some pressure, and they can give us some solid play . Even Brees is flappable if you can move him off his spot. 

So I am saying we head into that 1st aints game at 10-3. If we work on generating a pass rush, and figure out the kinks. We have a good shot at taking 2 of those last 3. Especially with 2 of them at home. 

tl/dr version. Best case, we develop a pass rush. Which leads to us ascending to SB contender.

Worst case, we finish 12-4, but we don't win the Division. We do win a Wild Card game, but lose out on the NFCC.

Worst worst case, I don't want to think about if you don't mind.

Here are some numbers for ya.

Cam leads the league in Red Zone efficiency. 

The Defense is near the bottom in Red Zone efficiency. 

Cam has an 8 game streak of multiple TD passes. His own Panther record.

2 of our 3 loses have come from Division leaders.

We very well could finish 12-4 2 years in a row. And not win a Division Title.

DJax is tied for the league lead with 4 Ints.

We are presently on a 10 game home winning streak.

Addison has quietly amassed 7.5 sacks. 

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Now be honest. 

Me? Well, thanks for asking. IMO, Norv, and Cam seem to be getting their groove on. We defiantly seem to be trending upwards. We have some kids that appear to be coming along nicely. Teamed with Olsen, Funch, and Wright, Cam finally has him some actual weapons. They also seem to be having fun again. If they can continue to improve. This Offense can play with anyone.

Which leaves that pesky Defense. What to do, what to do? Truly the only thing we can do is hope Ron decides there needs to be changes made. Somehow, some way, they need to find a way to generate a pass rush. IMO, our back 7 is a good group. Help them out with some pressure, and they can give us some solid play . Even Brees is flappable if you can move him off his spot. 

So I am saying we head into that 1st aints game at 10-3. If we work on generating a pass rush, and figure out the kinks. We have a good shot at taking 2 of those last 3. Especially with 2 of them at home. 

tl/dr version. Best case, we develop a pass rush. Which leads to us ascending to SB contender.

Worst case, we finish 12-4, but we don't win the Division. We do win a Wild Card game, but lose out on the NFCC.

Worst worst case, I don't want to think about if you don't mind.

Here are some numbers for ya.

Cam leads the league in Red Zone efficiency. 

The Defense is near the bottom in Red Zone efficiency. 

Cam has an 8 game streak of multiple TD passes. His own Panther record.

2 of our 3 loses have come from Division leaders.

We very well could finish 12-4 2 years in a row. And not win a Division Title.

DJax is tied for the league lead with 4 Ints.

We are presently on a 10 game home winning streak.

Addison has quietly amassed 7.5 sacks. 

Best Case we win out expect for final game against the Saints in N.O. Finish 12-4  We win the division because tie breaker Atl > TB (NO loses along the way 2 more time)

Worst Case - Teams have figured out a way to beat us and we win only 2 more games finish 8-8 and keep our streak going. 

Honestly, best case has to be Super Bowl and worst case has to be losing record and not making the playoffs.  That being said, I think we are closer to Superbowl than not making playoffs, it all depends on how we are seeded.  If we somehow win the South and have games at home we have a much better chance. If we are a wildcard we should be able to beat the 3rd or 4th team on the road, but playing the 1st or 2nd team on the road will be tough.  

10-6, defense has fallen flat in it's face.

Side note, we haven't had a pass rush vs the saints since we had Hardy.  Brees get the ball out fast and even when he holds it for a while, his line gives him all the time in the world to pick us apart. Anybody thinking we beat the saints even once this year is delusional.

1 hour ago, OceanPanther said:

Best Case :    SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS 2018 - 2019

Worst Case:   There's not one..  I just enjoy Panther Football. A Fan .  Even in the 1 -  15 season, I'd  get up on Sunday Mornings and think there was a possibility of a victory ..  ( gawd George Seifert almost broke me :tongue:  )

Panthers 5.jpg

that 1-15 team fought like hell though.   f'n ricky williams 1 yd sweep w/ like 2 seconds left.  the season that taught me to try and be over a loss by wednesday

Archived