• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching how McVay was coaching and comparing that with Rivera is frustrating.

gorillamilitia13

McVay knew the Chiefs defense was vulnerable, particularly their secondary. So what was his gameplan? To attack their DB’s from the get go and throughout the game. They have an all-pro, MVP candidate rb, but chose not use him as much based on the circumstances. Then in the 4th quarter you had a rested Gurley. Rivera would never do this, he does not change his philosophy based on the opponents strengths and weaknesses. 

Also McVay would never keep a talented player like Curtis Samuel on the sideline. Then again, I don’t believe any of the other 31 coaches would. 

The most refreshing thing about that game last night was that neither team played scared. Both knew they were up against another elite offensive team and neither blinked. They went blow for blow all night long. They didn't play chicken poo stall ball because they were scared of getting points hung on them.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The most refreshing thing about that game last night was that neither team played scared. Both knew they were up against another elite offensive team and neither blinked. They went blow for blow all night long. They didn't play chicken poo stall ball because they were scared of getting points hung on them.

Yep both coaches accepted the fact that they just need to score as many points as possible.

There is much much more to this game than the adjusting by each team.

This game shows the direction the NFL is headed. It shows the officiating and rules that have been made. It's a perfect example. Second highest scoring game of all time. Reid and Mc have adapted to such and take advantage not just with their playcalling but with the personnel they draft and bring in and then choose to put on the field (as stated by OP) and thus they, and the Saints, are undisputed SB contenders.

Teams slow to adapt aren't. Rivera is not the coach that is going to EVER adapt to this.

It's depressing to go from 

2015, scoring offense = #1

2016, scoring offense = #15

2017, scoring offense = #12

2018, scoring offense = #11

There's been no significant growth since 2015, we're running on a treadmill. 20 points against the Lions? That's just unacceptable. Even with Gano 4pts we're under our average

20 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

I’ve gotten to the point I can’t even stand to watch his pressers. The comment about not knowing who to throw to if Samuel and DJ are on the field at the same time was it for me

It's like he has no respect for the fans trying to pass those off as excuses. Insulting really.

Did he ( Mc Vay ) also know his defense would be giving up 50 plus..    Even in a win..

I understand the concern about 'ole  Ron ..   I agree if  Ron were in LA ,, he'd not have them clicking as they currently are. But ole Rons defense  " might "  be better than Mc Vays ..   That's not a defense of Ron..   

The magician that Doug Peterson was last year in Philadelphia ,, isn't  the same magic this year..

Archived