• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera is this team’s version of Jeff Fisher

TNPanther

Mediocre, stubborn, defensive-minded head coach with a plethora of talent but mediocre results living off of one good season.

I’ve been in Rivera’s corner prior to the previous two games. The past two weeks have shown me that this team is being hindered, not helped, by Rivera.

I’m almost willing to bet that this team goes 14-2 with a top 3 offense and top 10 defense next year with a more progressive-minded head coach.

7 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

Better analogy. 

Good, not great and eventually hit his ceiling in Philly. Ran out of town because he could never get the team over the hump

Hell no

if Andy Reid had Cam he would have had a SB by now. Reid took over the worst team in the league in KC and went to the playoffs with Alex Smith his first season. Reid has his faults but year after year he’s competitive, Ron still hasn’t had back to back winning seasons.

Defense has basically been outlawed in the NFL so you really don’t need to have a bunch of stars on that side of the ball. Get an offensive minded coach(first in Panthers history) and put emphasis on the offense. This will guarantee you that Samuel gets more than two f’ing touches in a game.

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Hell no

if Andy Reid had Cam he would have had a SB by now. Reid took over the worst team in the league in KC and went to the playoffs with Alex Smith his first season. Reid has his faults but year after year he’s competitive, Ron still hasn’t had back to back winning seasons.

McNabb was no joke especially throwing to Freddy Mitchell and Todd Pinkston

This is an 8-8 roster. If the ball bounces it’s way a couple times it could be a 10-6 roster. It also could be a 6-10 roster. 

The point I’m trying to make is that the talent cupboard is bare sans a handful of guys. There is no depth. It was showcased today when our rookie cb2 went down and we didn’t even have a guy on the active roster capable of filling in. 

We are on the doorstep of a massive decline here. We will be retiring our core with guys like Kalil Olsen Davis and peppers, all the while having completely neglected to backfill their positions (ps, Shaq ain’t capable of taking TD’s spot).

the good news is that the offense looks capable with Cam, CMC, Curtis, Moton, and Moore.  Those guys will keep us competitive.

the bad news is the defense isn’t going to be a quick fix.  We are going to have to draft a slam dunk DE in the first next year and hope he can provide some sort of pass rush  

ps.  We’re also quietly back in an awful cap situation with guys like Matt Kalil, Trai Turner and KK Short not living up to their contracts  

I agree. 

I think on defense we also need a new DC NOT from this coaching staff/coaching tree we currently have.  I dont think were missing that many player personnell pieces.

Need a good young DE and an upgrade at CB depth behind (or replacing) Bradberry , FA saftey upgrade over Adams. Thats not really that much to ask for and can be done in a single off season. 

I think the interior Dline and the LBs theres a coaching problem that's the main culprit. We have a lot of talent in those groups but they're massively under-performing. 

Archived