• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

james bradyberry a bust ?

juliosantos

3 hours ago, juliosantos said:

What about all the other corners that have to cover the best receivers , you aren't making any sense . Saying that bRadberry sucks at coverag because he has to cover the best receivers , well every other team has a corner that does the same so howcome they don't suck ? 

He doesn’t suck. Do you even watch today’s NFL? Show me 10 CBS in the league who are responsible for shadowing the opposite teams number one WR that does not get beat from time to time. Look at his first 5 game stretch and how he played with a terrible defensive scheme. Get out of here with that mess. The kid came from a small school, 2nd round, 3rd year in the league covering the best in the game and he sucks according to you. Guess you are going to have a heart attack in a few years when he gets paid. 

This year our defensive plan has been garbage even making it difficult on Luke freaking Kuechly. Bradberry has had his ups and downs but far more ups this year competing with the best WR the team has week after week. 

5 hours ago, Nice-Carolina-Chuck said:

Bradberry plays well against tall and slower receivers. He gets burned just about everytime vs small speedy receivers. 

He is not built to play against them.  We need more CBs who can play to give us better matchups.  Remember, we blitz and it puts him in a tough situation. 

2 hours ago, Car123 said:

He's average 

Probably, but we have not put him in situations that are ideal for his skill set. Blitzing makes him go man, and that is not his game--he faces the LOS and tackles--he does not turn and run as well. We need a pass rush and 3 CBs who can play.  And a nickel.

4 hours ago, KillerKat said:

The wide range of answers is due to Bradberry's inconsistent play. I think though if a player is inconsistent, then they suck. I haven't been a Bradberry fan since his rookie year. Ever since that year, he has declined and I'm done waiting for him to finally put it all together. We need to get a better CB to pair with Jackson. 

By that logic, Cam sucked in 2014, 2016, and 2017.

5 hours ago, Nice-Carolina-Chuck said:

Dont matter if you play a team like Pittsburgh with Brown and Juju. 

Sure it does.  Its called a double team.  Something we don’t believe in.  We stick corners out on islands too often again game breaking receivers.  

Donte will get top CB $. Should Bradberry? Covering a single receiver and holding down that side of the field is another level. They don't throw @26 because he has the mindset to pick it much like JNo. He holds down that side of the field. When guys try to catch on him he gets the ball out. Baller.

That's the difference. Donte has make up speed. It's not like Bradberry isn't in position but if he would play the ball more as a CB, turn your head around and compete for the rock he may get a pick or two and get QB'S from dinking and dunking on his side.

1 hour ago, rico6 said:

By “sucked” you mean deprived of any offensively talented players and playing behind shitty offensive lines? 

Yeah he blew chunks 

I was just pointing out the hyperbole of his statement. Like it or not cam was inconsistent those years, and there were reasons for it. Much like there are reasons that bradberry has had his inconsistent games as well. Games where the line hasn't gotten any push, he's been instructed to play 10 yards off the line, etc.

He doesn't suck, and neither does Cam. That was my point.

5 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I was just pointing out the hyperbole of his statement. Like it or not cam was inconsistent those years, and there were reasons for it. Much like there are reasons that bradberry has had his inconsistent games as well. Games where the line hasn't gotten any push, he's been instructed to play 10 yards off the line, etc.

He doesn't suck, and neither does Cam. That was my point.

Bradberry’s played behind a statistically ranked top 10 front 7 since he’s been drafted. He’s been part of statistically one of the worst pass defenses since he’s been drafted.

The comparison still isn’t really aptly used here. But whatever.

Archived