• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking towards the draft.

kungfoodude

10 hours ago, Nice-Carolina-Chuck said:

Atm, Lawrence and Clark will command big money. Lawrence will get more than Clark bc hes a much better all around DE. Clowney will probably get the most even though Lawrence has had a better career.

I have seen where some think that Ansah wont get near 17M (2018 franchise tag) next year. They think he will have to take a 1 yr prove it deal with low base salary and high incentives due to his injuries. Ive seen where some think Lions will bring him back. And where some dont think he’ll be back bc of a lack of interest in contract talk. I would offer Ansah a 1yr/17M or give him a long term averaging 16M.

Then theres someone like a Trey Flowers. Been very good for the Pats but his sack # isnt up there with the rest.

i would love to see Ansah in FA and then add a Clelin Ferrell or Brian Burns in the draft. 

I can't see offering Ansah that much money. I don't think he is a substantial upgrade over someone like Addison who we already have at a much more reasonable contract amount. I agree we need to upgrade the pass rush but with all the roster holes, I don't think it would be wise to break the bank on one player in free agency. I suspect we will take a pass on all three of those guys in the end. That depends on who our GM is in 2019, however.

Anything other then D line should not even be considered in the 1st 2 rounds. In a league full of explosive passing offense, your defense needs pass rushers. It's why teams like the Cowboys can beat a team like the Saints.

DE/DT will be our first 2 picks book it!

2 hours ago, Trill OG said:

Anything other then D line should not even be considered in the 1st 2 rounds. In a league full of explosive passing offense, your defense needs pass rushers. It's why teams like the Cowboys can beat a team like the Saints.

DE/DT will be our first 2 picks book it!

Hindsight being 20/20, would you have taken Derek Barnett over McCaffery and then taken a RB in a later round?

1 hour ago, KneelingCamFan said:

Hindsight being 20/20, would you have taken Derek Barnett over McCaffery and then taken a RB in a later round?

Obviously anyone would rather have the Barnett and Kamara combo than CMC and Samuel.  (And a promising, cheap, young backup in Dobbs to save Cam’s reps over Hall as well, obviously)

At least CMC is a beast and Samuel can make plays.  But still no DE or chance to stop the opposition.

I dont think we have to be that inflexible in what position we take in the draft. 

DE is a huge need but do you really want to reach for maybe the 4th or 5th best pass rusher in the draft at pick 15 or so? Because you might be able to get some top dude that falls like the 1st or 2nd best CB , 1st or 2nd best OT, or 1st Saftey . 

46 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This team will never draft a safety to play safety in the first round.  A safety to play linebacker maybe, but not to play safety.  You know this.

And they have been paying the price dearly given our tendency to get big plays scored on us. They dont value Saftey in the draft its no wonder we are getting had through the air on defense. Hurney and Gettleman have nobody but themselves to blame. 

Just now, Hoenheim said:

And they have been paying the price dearly given our tendency to get big plays scored on us. They dont value Saftey in the draft its no wonder we are getting had through the air on defense. Hurney and Gettleman have nobody but themselves to blame. 

That's a Ron thing.  Even Fox felt that way too.

2 hours ago, KneelingCamFan said:

Hindsight is always 20/20. Before Kareem Hunt went all Greg Hardy, I would've said absolutely yes. I'd take Barnett/Samuel/Hunt all day everyday over CMC/Samuel/Hall. But that all went out the window recently. So, we'd have to have taken Kamara in the 2nd to have a big time impact RB  and that would mean giving up Samuel.

Archived