• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spiking the ball on first down with 1:04 on the clock

panther4life

I'm seeing more angst and ire over Cam Newton celebrating than over the fact that we're still sending him out there clearly already injured and risking further injury in a lost season.

You have no issue with him risking life and limb and his future for your entertainment, but you want to dictate to him on a very specific level how he should show emotion at any given moment in a game that exists solely for entertainment? I'm sorry, but fug you.

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I'm seeing more angst and ire over Cam Newton celebrating than over the fact that we're still sending him out there clearly already injured and risking further injury in a lost season.

You have no issue with him risking life and limb and his future for your entertainment, but you want to dictate to him on a very specific level how he should show emotion at any given moment in a game that exists solely for entertainment? I'm sorry, but fug you.

You are really bad at this

5 minutes ago, TheRed said:

moving the goalposts: the post

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

You are really bad at this

I figured you of all people would be there on this too considering you read the same gameday threads that I do. You've even been banned over it.

But I know you're inconsistent. Do you dude. You don't need to quote me.

Red you've not once addressed the point that the criticism in TIMING is fair. No one is criticizing the fact that he celebrates. You are literally saying that any criticism of Cam is racist. If you're not saying that then spell it out. Because Cam made a mistake. Period. That doesn't mean he's a no good worthless piece of poo...which is the reaction you're giving off. Seriously man, Cam is allowed to legit be crticized. He can also be the savior of this franchise that he's been for 8 years. Both can happen at the same time.

5 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I figured you of all people would be there on this too considering you read the same gameday threads that I do. You've even been banned over it.

But I know you're inconsistent. Do you dude. You don't need to quote me.

It was a really stupid decision by Cam to celebrate. That’s literally the only thing level headed posters are saying and you are still shifting the goal posts. A lot of us love Cam dude, and it’s literally hurting me physically to see this larger than life dude look mortal and nobody in charge is taking accountability and being a grown ass man and telling him he needs to sit. It is painful to think Cams arm could be done after only 9 seasons. I want nothing more than for him to be our qb for the next decade. But what he did SITUATIONALLY was stupid. You are embarrassing yourself tripping over your own feet. 

And I wasn’t banned. I told a mod to suck my dick which was really funny.

I will go out on a limb and state that there is something we do not yet know at play here-Whether it be an injury, or they were in his head, or Cam and RR are at odds,  etc. Who knows. However, the chemistry and the way Cam carried himself was weird.   Funchess is always supportive of Cam--worships him.  He gets a dozen snaps.  Stress levels are high--(not now, but they were).  I think we will learn that something happened that ripped the locker room apart. 

Focusing more time on chastising players over things like celebrating at the "wrong time" just to maintain a perceived image instead of asking why it took this many weeks for the head coach to finally change is the sort of thing I'd expect from curmudgeons like Jerry Richardson. As much as some of you claim to want so desperately to get away from that way of thinking, you sure seem hellbent on maintaining it. You deserve an owner like Jerry Richardson.

3 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

No problem with celebrating a first down, but I do when it's the guy who has to call the next play doing it in the middle of a two minute drill.

That is a perfectly fair criticism in my opinion. Would have said the same poo if CMC, Smitty, Funchess, Wright, Olsen or anyone else were the ones wasting 12 seconds to showboat as the clock ticks away while the rest of the team is hurrying to get ready for the next play. It was not a very situationally aware thing to do. Hell, Benjamin did it last year and was crucified for it. Cam isn't above reproach and it was a dumb thing to do. 

Same here.  Celebrating is ok with me, and in truth I don't really care, but with 30 seconds?  We could have gotten another play off with 20 seconds left, and saved a timeout maybe allowing them to run something underneath where Cam's arm issues might not have been as much of a problem.

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Same here.  Celebrating is ok with me, and in truth I don't really care, but with 30 seconds?  We could have gotten another play off with 20 seconds left, and saved a timeout maybe allowing them to run something underneath where Cam's arm issues might not have been as much of a problem.

Pretty much.

Archived