• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Plans To Be Panthers Coach In 2019

bobsfoodbasics

It's sad that i predicted 6-10 before the season started but FFS not the way this season has gone. Good teams would have rebounded after Pittsburgh but when we didn't against Detroit and we were officially ousted, so fuging devestating. My life will get a little easier until Hurney starts overpaying current players to stay so we can "KEEP THE CORE". Maybe Tepper wants continuity but it must be Hurney has kissed enough ass. We don't know for sure. Rivera is going to say all this poo. Things could be different come Monday. Ron's a good guy, but his intangibles were lacking. He's like the defensive Jim Caldwell.

3 hours ago, Panthers2019 said:

like I told Scot most teams would fall like we did when their star qb goes down its nothing you can do when that happens it sucks but thats the cards we was delt this season.

But why did his shoulder fall apart? Oh yeah, RR used his QB as a running back because he was determined to keep a completely incompetent OC. Then, instead of benching Cam when he was obviously injured, he continued to play him to save his own ass. Cam being hurt is the result of mismanagement over a span of more than 14 games. 

2 hours ago, Panthers2019 said:

hurney 2.0 is new man quit judging him by his first stint which he has already gotten fired for this is a new hurney and so far he been solid and deserves another year.

as for his FA signings this year poe was good at the time we need a replacment for starr unforn it did'n work out also cockwell was a good signing but got hurt in TC also Anderson looks like a good signing but coaches decided not to play him for whatever reason.

says the noob. You're right, they were good and splashy on paper but literally none worked out. NONE. We could have had a competent corner on top of cockrell if we didn't get Poe, who had just as much influence as Butler this year. Signing Poe gave Kyle Love a chance to ask for more money. Anderson signing was a disaster. We went into the season with the worst secondary in the league and it showed that way down the stretch. Yeah, he got DJ right over Calvin but it's not hard to pick the #1 player at the position of need in the draft. Time will tell with Jackson, but FFS we could have had anyone else in the third when we chose Gaulden. That was the shitty Hurney pick you come to expect with his ass. Oh, lets not forget Torrey Smith who spend the season collecting free money and contributing more racial opinions on Twitter than he did receptions on the field. fuging waste, he can go with Hurney out the door. Hurney starts whispering in Tepper's ear "You're new here, i know what the fans want, you can trust me." Then we're 2-14 and in cap hell. He needs to go, Ron can stay another year. Oh and lastly, the Breeland signing and not being aware of that whole situation. 

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

But why did his shoulder fall apart? Oh yeah, RR used his QB as a running back because he was determined to keep a completely incompetent OC. Then, instead of benching Cam when he was obviously injured, he continued to play him to save his own ass. Cam being hurt is the result of mismanagement over a span of more than 14 games. 

you mean seven years of mismanagement?

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

says the noob. You're right, they were good and splashy on paper but literally none worked out. NONE. We could have had a competent corner on top of cockrell if we didn't get Poe, who had just as much influence as Butler this year. Signing Poe gave Kyle Love a chance to ask for more money. Anderson signing was a disaster. We went into the season with the worst secondary in the league and it showed that way down the stretch. Yeah, he got DJ right over Calvin but it's not hard to pick the #1 player at the position of need in the draft. Time will tell with Jackson, but FFS we could have had anyone else in the third when we chose Gaulden. That was the shitty Hurney pick you come to expect with his ass. Oh, lets not forget Torrey Smith who spend the season collecting free money and contributing more racial opinions on Twitter than he did receptions on the field. fuging waste, he can go with Hurney out the door. Hurney starts whispering in Tepper's ear "You're new here, i know what the fans want, you can trust me." Then we're 2-14 and in cap hell. He needs to go, Ron can stay another year. Oh and lastly, the Breeland signing and not being aware of that whole situation. 

Poe and Smith alone screwed our cap. Never liked how much money they got.

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Poe and Smith alone screwed our cap. Never liked how much money they got.

That's Hurney. Granted, that was a trade, but who knows what Worley might have done. He ended up with more picks this year than Bradberry and he might not have went off the rails if we didn't trade him.

Was it Hurney's fault or Ron's fault Jerry wouldn't spend but every other year if even that? Long time Panther fans will remember after Lynn Swann Jerry absolutely shut down on bringing in any top free agents and the team would bargain shop. Any monies not spent is retained by ownership. There was a lot Ron and Hurney could NOT do. Like it or not TD and Ron lobbied publicly to keep GH. Ownership wouldn't have it. Tepper let Ron hire Eric Reid. WTF are you all talking about?!? He's nothing like JR.

I see a lot of short sightedness in this argument.

3 hours ago, MVPccaffrey said:

There's this stupid fallacy permeating this board that we should can a winning coach 

I have no idea what team you're talking about. I know it's not the Panthers. Cuz we don't have a winning coach to can.  Patriots fan?

Archived