• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney hasn't put together a winning roster since 2008

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

What are you talking about? Gettleman traded up so often that the Panthers had the fewest draft selections in the league during his time in Carolina. He fell in love with a few select players, and often over-drafted them.

Uuuuhhh, if you have a problem with trading up and overdrafting, you probably don't want to talk about Marty Hurney as an example of good drafting.

10 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

What are you talking about? Gettleman traded up so often that the Panthers had the fewest draft selections in the league during his time in Carolina. He fell in love with a few select players, and often over-drafted them.

you basically just proved the point of the very first thing i said in that post

also this comment is innocently oblivious at best, combatively incendiary at worst

for all of the trading up gettleman did, he never mortgaged future draft picks bc he had a long term scope. he had a clue of what the draft he was picking in had to offer, and packaging future picks in higher rounds wasn’t a smart strategy, whereas hurney totally sold out for the players he wanted in any particular year, and it always included next year’s picks bc it didn’t matter what next year had to offer, i have to bring in talent now!

you can’t put it all on richardson for the four year long shitshow that panthers fans witnessed until hurney stepped down out of guilt and shame after like the 3rd 1-5 start in a row.

It's comical to see fans that were largely on a milk carton through the first 8 games this season suddenly showing back up to defend Dave Gettleman's honor.

Oh but they don't want to talk about Matt Kalil or Vernon Butler or Shaq Thompson or Kelvin Benjamin or Kony Ealy or that punter we traded a 4th rounder for.

2 hours ago, frash.exe said:

this is a really really minority opinion especially in a place like this, but the draft is extremely overrated on this forum

The draft is overrated, yet you're still ranting about busts like Dwayne Jarrett who haven't  suited up for this team in over a decade?

13 minutes ago, TheRed said:

It's comical to see fans that were largely on a milk carton through the first 8 games this season suddenly showing back up to defend Dave Gettleman's honor.

Oh but they don't want to talk about Matt Kalil or Vernon Butler or Shaq Thompson or Kelvin Benjamin or Kony Ealy or that punter we traded a 4th rounder for.

The difference is when a a player like Benjamin and Ealy don’t work out, we still get production and a draft pick for them. Remind me what we got for Amini, Joe Adams, E. Brown, Pickles, Fua? 

Sort of like comparing DG and Hurney with respect to how the NFL views them without the “he cut my luvee” bias included. When DG was available, he had another job before the season was even over. Marty had ..........................  well????? JR and his stellar judgement  

Why is that? 

28 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Vernon Butler out there doing jack poo as usual, but there are fans here who still want to talk about failed draft picks like Keary Colbert from a decade or more ago, lol seriously?

Why would Vernon Bustler sucking preclude anyone from talking about other poo draft picks/drafts....

You don't think a decade worth of poo drafts still matter to date?

Just now, Toomers said:

The difference is when a a player like Benjamin and Ealy don’t work out, we still get production and a draft pick for them. Remind me what we got for Amini, Joe Adams, E. Brown, Pickles, Fua? 

Sort of like comparing DG and Hurney with respect to how the NFL views them without the “he cut my luvee” bias included. When DG was available, he had another job before the season was even over. Marty had ..........................  well????? JR and his stellar judgement  

Why is that? 

They're both poo overall at drafting. Comparing turds isn't going to get us back to back winning seasons, which is sadly a very basic franchise goal which neither GM has been able to deliver to this fanbase. Neither should be Panthers GM.

26 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Dude, Gettleman is gone, and he's not coming back. Hurney is still here, and performing about as well as we expect him to.

Point blank, yes or no, do you really want to see Marty Hurney continue running this team?

(FYI: That question has nothing to do with Dave Gettleman so if you try to slip a Gettleman reference into your response, it's basically an admission that you're just shitposting)

30 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

you basically just proved the point of the very first thing i said in that post

also this comment is innocently oblivious at best, combatively incendiary at worst

for all of the trading up gettleman did, he never mortgaged future draft picks bc he had a long term scope. he had a clue of what the draft he was picking in had to offer, and packaging future picks in higher rounds wasn’t a smart strategy, whereas hurney totally sold out for the players he wanted in any particular year, and it always included next year’s picks bc it didn’t matter what next year had to offer, i have to bring in talent now!

you can’t put it all on richardson for the four year long shitshow that panthers fans witnessed until hurney stepped down out of guilt and shame after like the 3rd 1-5 start in a row.

I can't tell if you're serious. You're talking about a man who traded a fourth round pick for a punter while the face of the franchise was playing behind a trash offensive line.

28 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Can't believe we traded for a fuging punter. :crying:

Just now, TheRed said:

They're both poo overall at drafting. Comparing turds isn't going to get us back to back winning seasons, which is sadly a very basic franchise goal which neither GM has been able to deliver to this fanbase. Neither should be Panthers GM.

One did it 60% of the time. One does it 25% of the time. And We went to the playoffs in 2014. 

But you would rather cherry pick than look at the entire picture. Whatever fits the agenda. Facts be damned. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dude, Gettleman is gone, and he's not coming back. Hurney is still here, and performing about as well as we expect him to.

Point blank, yes or no, do you really want to see Marty Hurney continue running this team?

(FYI: That question has nothing to do with Dave Gettleman so if you try to slip a Gettleman reference into your response, it's basically an admission that you're just shitposting)

I do not, I've actually stated this multiple times. Even in the post directly above yours. I didn't want Ron to return as head coach next year either, but it's not my call.

Archived