• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Projected top QBs in 2019 draft

raleigh-panther

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Temple.

Temple actually is the #5 in pass def efficiency this year...  although their #1 CB sat out, it’s still impressive.

The big key for Jones in the games I’ve seen has been time to grow.  If he has it, he’s deadly.  The Duke OL looked like trash nearly every game.  He was also sacked 30+ times this year and came back in 2-3 weeks from a broken Clavicle.

19 minutes ago, Bravesfannchar said:

Temple actually is the #5 in pass def efficiency this year...  although their #1 CB sat out, it’s still impressive.

The big key for Jones in the games I’ve seen has been time to grow.  If he has it, he’s deadly.  The Duke OL looked like trash nearly every game.  He was also sacked 30+ times this year and came back in 2-3 weeks from a broken Clavicle.

The AAC is a joke. Temple was 7-1 inside the conference, 1-4 in non-conference games.

2 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Not much love for Haskins but the dude threw over 50 td’s. Would like to see him battle Allen for the #2

When all is said and done, Haskins will be a 1st rounder. I don't think he's going to be a good NFL QB, but there's enough bad QB situations and enough young QBs having success that someone will roll the dice on him in the 1st.

Keep Allen, bring in some extra QB competition, shore up the offensive line as much as possible for 2019, and draft a QB in 2020 regardless of whatever happens with Newton.

Beyond that there isn't much we can do about it for 2019 considering our immediate needs, and the fact that our head coach is seemingly entering a lame duck season.

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

I watched Daniel Jones carve up Temple in the Independence Bowl and I was really impressed.

I don't think you can judge a qb or any player based on one game.  I watched Wake shut down Jones at Durham, and Wake's pass defense is not the strongest part of their game.   Not saying the Jones kid won't be good, but I wouldn't trust just one game.

I’d rather spend our high picks on one of our plethora of holes on Defense or the oline.. roll with Allen with Heinicke behind him  if Cam somehow can’t get his shoulder back to normal...which is extremely early for people to be betting on by the way. His last game of 2017 he went toe to toe with Drew Brees and balled out and this year was having a career season til his shoulder crapped out...if we don’t give him a get right season then that’s just moronic unless medically he’s just shot which no one has said.  

Also like Red said 2020 is a much better QB class anyways. I wouldn’t waste a first rounder on any of those guys...sounds like a lot of Christian ponder /Blaine gabbert /clausen types to me... no thank you. 

44 minutes ago, t96 said:

Could we get Grier at our 2nd pick or no chance? 

He could possibly but there will be some Stud DL still there that shouldnt be passed up with this D.

But honestly dont think he'll be there.  If he is there for the Redskins the pick before us in the 2nd.  Theyll run to the Podium.

My Mock ive got

Haskins to the Giant

Jones to the Jags

Lock to the Dolphins all in the 1st

Grier to the Redskins in the 2nd (originally had Tampa until the announcement they are retaining Winston)

4 hours ago, joemac said:

2020 will be sooooooooooooo much better for QB's.  If Cams shoulder really is shot, and If we have to really suck next season and vie for the number 1 pick, next year is the year to do it.  

this

2019 isn't the year to had add a QB.    2020 and probably 2021 will be the years to add a QB. 

3 hours ago, trueblade said:

I want no part of any of them. This could be as bad as 2013. To remind you:

Top 8 quarterbacks in the 2013 NFL Draft (as ranked February 2013 ~ so roughly the same time frame as we are looking at the 2019 draft)

• Tyler Wilson, Arkansas. (4th round OAK)
  • Geno Smith, West Virginia. ... (2nd round NYJ)
  • Zac Dysert, Miami-Ohio. ... (7th round MIA)
  • Mike Glennon, North Carolina State. ... (3rd round TBB)
  • Matt Barkley, USC. ... (4th round PHI)
  • Ryan Nassib, Syracuse. ... (4th round NYG)
  • EJ Manuel, Florida State. ... (1st round BUF)
  • Tyler Bray, Tennessee. (Undrafted, signed with KC)

Didn’t say I wanted one of them. Shared the current top rated 

Archived