• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oline

juliosantos

15 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If our o-line coach co-signed on bringing in Matt then his job is in jeopardy. We can only hope that Matt makes a miraculous improvement in his level of play, or that we cut ties with him all together. 

He is gone. He’s been gone. There is no way he is playing for us again. That was decided long ago. At least as far back as when they told him to get off the practice field around week 8. More than likely it was when he quit on the team in pre-season. 

If you're going to commit a huge sum of money toward the QB position, then any Joe 6 pack can see you have to spend to protect him as well. We did. His name is Matt Kalil, he's terrible, and we're fug out of money. Draft someone? I doubt Ron will go for that.

3 minutes ago, PantherCam213 said:

Since Jordan Gross, we haven't had a LT that could protect Cam.  Oher was ok, but at this point in Cam's career, with all the hits he's taken, ok doesn't cut it.

Ohers concussion cost this team many times over. 

The instant Matt didn't pan out we were set to endure a patchwork o-line of guys we're hoping will overachieve. Spending more big bucks on the o-line is out of the question, and high draft picks are not on the way imo. Ron wants his defense back to a high standard so he can have more control over his fate if he needs to call the plays.

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If you're going to commit a huge sum of money toward the QB position, then any Joe 6 pack can see you have to spend to protect him as well. We did. His name is Matt Kalil, he's terrible, and we're fug out of money. Draft someone? I doubt Ron will go for that.

Not with this class. I don’t have faith that anyone coming out will wind up an effective LT. 

Archived