• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019 Starting Offensive Lineup

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

How does everyone think Samuel and Moore as our top 2 WR is ok?

You not watch them this year?  They are electric with the ball in their hands and Samuel's separation on routes is the best we've had since Steve Smith.  DJ Moore is a tackle breaking machine, and give him another year, he'll improve his route running.  DJ Moore and Samuel are both very legit

3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

We can't really have high draft picks or expensive free agents at every spots so I tried to take that into account.  Also I really don't expect anyone past the 3rd round to contribute much the first year, so I only stated draft picks I though might have a good chance of helping.  

So I added a 3rd receiver.  I'm pretty sure we run 3WR sets more than FB sets.  With Funchess maybe leaving I'm thinking we sign a larger, possession type of cheaper vet to take his place.  I could see us drafting a similar type but probably not until mid to later rounds to develop.  Not really expecting him to help a lot the first year.

If Williams is coming back, and the staff is comfortable with Moton on the left, that leaves LG and Center to fill.  I could see us drafting at least one of those in the first 3 rounds and maybe filling the other with someone already on the roster or a cheap FA.  For example we draft a center in the third round and let Van Roten keep the LG job.  Maybe one of the younger guys like Mahon will be ready to compete for the spot with a year under his belt.

If Williams isn't coming back I think we really have to consider a Tackle very early in the draft, possible the first round.  Not sure if there is a decent one in free agency. 

Without knowing what to expect with Williams it is really hard to predict this.  Also I would be shocked if we used 3 of our first 4 picks on O-line (center, tackle, and guard) so at least one of those spots will have to be filled by a free agent or someone already on the roster.

QB - Cam Newton 

RB - CMC

FB - Armah

TE - Thomas 

WR - Moore

WR - Samuel 

WR3 - Cheap FA - Draft pick (3rd-5th round)

LT - Moton/draft pick (1st-2nd)

LG - Draft pick (1st-3rd)round/somebody already on the roster

C - Draft pick (2nd-3rd round)/Larsen/Cheap FA

RG - Turner

RT - Williams/Moton/draft pick (1st-2nd)

Looks good, but this has picks 1-3 ignoring defense. We really need a DE, FS, and NB also. You thinking FA for those?

Oh and.. War Eagle!

QB: Newton
RB: McCaffrey
FB: Armah
WR1: Moore
WR2: Samuel
WR3: Wright
TE1: Thomas
TE2: Olsen
LT: Moton
LG: FA/Draft/Van Roten
C: Van Roten/Larsen/Draft
RG: Turner
RT: Williams

LG FA targets: James Carpenter, J.R. Sweezy, D.J. Fluker, John Greco, Dakota Dozier, Jonathan Cooper, AJ Cann, Mark Glowinski

iOL draft targets: Elgton Jenkins, Jesse Burkett, Dalton Risner, Michael Deiter, Tyler Diadasz, Chris Lindstrom, Erik McCoy, Michael Jordan, Darryl Williams, Connor McGovern, Derwin Gray

13 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Looks good, but this has picks 1-3 ignoring defense. We really need a DE, FS, and NB also. You thinking FA for those?

Oh and.. War Eagle!

That was more of an "or" situation and very dependent on what happens with Williams.

I don't really consider any draft picks after round 3 when doing these "addressing needs" type of topics.  Fact is once you get to that part of the draft chances are really low they are going to help you.  Honestly round 3 is iffy but I'm trying to be positive.

If Williams comes back I could see us drafting a guard or center and the first 3 rounds and whichever position we don't pick filling with someone already on roster or a cheap free agent.  I would be a little surprised if we draft both in the first 3 rounds considering our other needs like you said.

My way to early guess on how I would like it to play out goes as follows:

First of all I think we need to sign a quality free agent DE. This is win now mode for RR and Hurney.  I don't see us drafting anyone at 16 that is going to help us immediately as much as we need.  Defensive ends tend to be slow to develop.  If we don't sign one in free agency we might end up doing something stupid in the draft such as reaching for an average one or trading up.  This team could use an influx of cheap, quality players.  Not sure giving up picks is the way to do that.  

In the draft I think there is a good chance of getting a quality DT in the second.  This draft is deep with them and DTs tend to go a little later.  Should be good value there.  

In the third maybe can we can find a Center or Guard with one of our picks.  I'm thinking center.

That leaves our 1st and our other 3rd to address our other needs.

In the first, since we signed (hopefully) a DE we can take BPA at a high value position that is also a need such as DE, LT, or CB.  Maybe a DE like Zach Allen, since we singed a vet, he will have some time to develop.  Another CB is never a bad thing.  What if the safety from Alabama drops like James did last year.  Signing a DE is huge for us in having some flexibility.

If we don't resign Williams then I think we look hard at some of the tackles that might be there at 16. 

With the other 3rd we can try to address some of our other needs, we have plenty.  With CJ gone and CAP a free agent we could grab a RB, or anther corner.  If TD is gone LB is in play.  Maybe a larger receiver.  Free safety.  There are plenty of other needs to where I could see us not drafting both a center and guard in the first 3 rounds.

I would actually love another receiver like a Keenan Allen/Michael Thomas type of guy to go with Moore. I would also like a TY Hilton type which Marquise Brown fits. 

We will probably roll with Moore Wright and Samuel— 

As far as drafting I could see ya drafting big pass rushing OLB or DE,.. wouldn’t mind if we doubled up, and of course draft a center like Michael Jordan ha in there somewhere.

Another Ian Thomas to have 2 TE sets would work nice too. 

Archived