• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers Announces Retirement

Jesse

Another thing I want to say ahout Julius. What you saw is what you got. For the one person in here crushing him for something that happened over a decade ago, at least he never pretended to be something he wasnt. That’s more than you can say about a lot of other panther players. He was the same person in all situations over 17 years.

Good on him. Nothing left to prove, and awesome on him for doing the right thing and hanging it up. 

Now if only TD could have been wise enough to do the same. Nah...he wants to play until his head and body is mush, and live like a cripple ass old man when his kids need him the most. 

And this dude above talking about getting these other players a ring? Peppers came home to retire. 89 didn't and wont. TD has just enough gas in the tank to fool an old man into injury....and he wont retire a panther. Both had their chance. S. Smith didn't accomplish any greater status in the HoF than if he had retired here. TD also wont break any records if he goes on to play elsewhere. 

Back to Peppers though. Nice to see ppl here giving him respect. The amount of hate he got here for leaving was bad ( though ironically people seem ok with TD doing the exact same)

Like most players in the NFL Peppers had ups and downs. I admit being salty about the way he left the first time and his periods of poor production and motivation at times. I was excited for him to return and retire where he started and am happy he went out on his terms.

A few comments. I said at the time that the game versus New Orleans was important because it was the last time we would see several Panther legends play as a Panther which now include Davis, Kalil, and Peppers. (Thank goodness Cam isn't on that list too).

Secondly I wonder if the get younger approach impacted the decision as we move on from our older players (How much his choice and how much Hurney despite comments it was up to him). And I wonder if moving to a hybrid 3-4 might have impacted his decision as well.

Archived