• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC, not Cam, is the face of the Franchise

Hotsauce

13 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

You see him everywhere now. CMC is now the face of the franchise.  Not to mention he is an absolute stud.

Buckle up, because I am going to speak some truth. Disclaimer, I am a Cam fan, true and true.

Cam has been a lightning rod for criticism even before he hit the league.  Maybe it’s because he came from the SEC, and he plays in SEC country. He is very eccentric in the way he talks, dresses, and acts.  He is an odd dude (not that that’s a bad thing).  He has made some questionable comments which have gotten him in trouble, and he spent his first couple of seasons pouting at the mic after losing games.  

These are all things we, as fans, put up with and see beyond.  Again, most of the knocks he gets from people outside of the Panthers org/fan base are just because they don’t understand/accept him.

This thread isnt about trashing Cam, because I stand behind him.  Its an observation that our QB, in the prime of his career, has taken the back seat in regards to being the face of the Panthers.

Is it a good thing? Does it take pressure off him (he has carried a lot on his shoulders)?  Is it a bad thing?  He seems to relish as the center of attention.  I don’t know!  What I do know is I’m happy to have both of these guys.

Don’t need to read a word of this post to tell you that you’re not right 

I'm west coast so my perspective is a little bit different. Out here when the Panthers are discussed, the conversation leans more towards CMC over Cam when discussing offense. Cam is what Cam is, CMC is a bit of a shiny new penny. Outside of Carolina, from my personal experience, it's probably closer to 50/50. 

On 2/6/2019 at 10:31 AM, Mr. Scot said:

You don't think Tomlinson was more the face of the Chargers than Rivers?

Rivers only played 2 seasons with LT. The two seasons they played together were LT's best and Philip's worst. Different circumstance. 

Matter of fact it proves @PhillyB to be correct, bc Philip was not a good QB yet, he was simply a game manager in 2006 and 2007.

I'm not saying you've jumped the shark with this idea, but you've definitely jumped the gun. Pump the brakes a bit.

Cam is still the face of the franchise and barring some really bad news on that shoulder, he'll be it for a few years to come. CMC is excellent and would be one of the greats if he can continue this throughout his career, but he hasn't gained Cam's stature yet.

And Luke, man, you can't forget about Luke.

We've got some great players here. If the injury bug flies off to somewhere else, the team could be pretty amazing.

CMC is the offense and Cam is the one who wins games in those cracks where the gameplan aint doing poo.

I still think Cam is the international face of the franchise and CMC will be integral but over time we will see he will be stoic & not what media thinks he will be like that Cam can only get bigger. Add that I think Cam is even HANDICAPPED in SEC country. People assume that any star athlete that comes from the SEC that people just admire them. Some or most times they even disregard them and disrespect them more. Especially if you're not an Auburn fan. Which isn't a huge SEC presence compared to other teams. 

Archived