• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Mills III tasked with game management duties

MurkN

I'm starting to wonder if we have an owner that doesn't know anything about football. He has done great stuff to get fans excited but to keep this coaching staff after all that's went on and Ron comes out and says he is struggling is freaking ridiculous. People saying huddle is going to huddle must have no understanding of what we have pretty much went through for 25 years. Mediocre at best except for two super bowl trips and no back to back winning seasons ever. SMDH

2 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

I'm starting to wonder if we have an owner that doesn't know anything about football. He has done great stuff to get fans excited but to keep this coaching staff after all that's went on and Ron comes out and says he is struggling is freaking ridiculous. People saying huddle is going to huddle must have no understanding of what we have pretty much went through for 25 years. Mediocre at best except for two super bowl trips and no back to back winning seasons ever. SMDH

Tepper has been part of Steelers organization many years so it does indicate he knows more football than you think or know about. Tepper is putting his plan together and will take time.

1 hour ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

It's clear that this new position was forced on Ron by Tepper. Ron felt a little insecure by it (and I don't blame him, anyone would in his spot), so he picked the definition of a Company Man that Ron is very comfortable with and would never feel threatened by. That sounds negative, but I don't think it is, I think SMIII is more than capable.

I honestly could care less what Ron thinks at this point. He has had 8 years to get his head out his ass. Tough break.

15 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

Tepper has been part of Steelers organization many years so it does indicate he knows more football than you think or know about. Tepper is putting his plan together and will take time.

Tepper has already spoken about that.  He was very much on the business side, not the operations/football side.

58 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

a number of teams have positions like this. letting one guy pour all his concentration into on-the-spot replay analysis and clock management is a wide allocation of resources and frankly should've been done years ago.

Plenty of other head coaches have managed with success currently and historically. It's an indictment on Rivera's abilities just like the defense takeover is on Washington's.

1 hour ago, PanthersBigD said:

We all bitched about it being a problem. They address the problem and you guys bitch about their solution. Ron Rivera is a really good coach with some glaring deficiencies. They've addressed one of the big ones now. Who did you guys want in his place? What candidates for Game Clock Watcher are hot right now that we've ignored? Jesus. 

Yup we need a safety they re sign Eric Reid and it turns into 30+ pages of bitching about the contract.

RR has some holes hes trying to address them.

Not good enough 

This is just a cess pool of non stop bitching

Archived