• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Kalil a panther in 2019?

ncfan

6 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

They're just going to have to help him like they did Williams before. 

So the plan is just to have Manhurtz and Kalil double team the left side on every play?

I stil standby what I said then

Prepare to start scouting the top QBs in the 2020 class and the Cam era will be over by week 4 of the 2019 season

I believe Kalil will be on the roster in 2019. I still think they draft an OT in the 1st RD and sign a top FA DE, then they can draft a DE in the 2nd or 3rd. Because of the money, we have no choice this year. I would keep Kalil even as the main back up if they don't draft a LT in the 1st.

Just now, musicman said:

I believe Kalil will be on the roster in 2019. I still think they draft an OT in the 1st RD and sign a top FA DE, then they can draft a DE in the 2nd or 3rd. Because of the money, we have no choice this year. I would keep Kalil even as the main back up if they don't draft a LT in the 1st.

This 

Just now, RoaringRiot said:

This 

Problem is

This class isnt a good LT class

So im assuming the draft pick would be a RT and still slide over Moton at LT

The pther issue is.  Without cutting Kalil post June 1 and would open 7 mil in cap space.  We are still going to be crunched in cap space.

If we cant or wont sign a RT for 8-9 mil, then how the h311 do we plan on signing a  DE.  Nit sure if yall have kept up with the markets.  But a starting calibre DE is going to go for 14-15 mil.  And you should get a solid DE in the 2nd, but I just dont see them making a impact right away.

When this DE class is STACKED at the top and a guy who will he available to us at 16 will be a instant impact guy.

Again, if this scenario goes down.  Start looking at the 2020 QB class, because Cam won be here and we are going to be right back into the rebuilding mode, or pretty mich what the Giants are now

This is a giant excuse and is completely unacceptable. We would be paying to not have him taking up a roster spot that could be wasted on anyone, literally anyone that plays OT in the NFL at as bad of a level as this guy. I don't know when and how, but the Riot must be paid by the Panthers because this is some propaganda BS. Re-sign Clark for a year and give him help and save money. You can write an article about it but it still does not fly. BOOOOOOOOOOOO. That is what will be heard the first home game if this pathetic attempt at running this organization goes forward. I will bring the marshmallows, who's bringing the stake and torches?

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

This is a giant excuse and is completely unacceptable. We would be paying to not have him taking up a roster spot that could be wasted on anyone, literally anyone that plays OT in the NFL at as bad of a level as this guy. I don't know when and how, but the Riot must be paid by the Panthers because this is some propaganda BS. Re-sign Clark for a year and give him help and save money. You can write an article about it but it still does not fly. BOOOOOOOOOOOO. That is what will be heard the first home game if this pathetic attempt at running this organization goes forward. I will bring the marshmallows, who's bringing the stake and torches?

Solid post here

2 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

What if Williams decides he wants to leave? Then what do you do?

Plan A would be to look at other FA RTs. Plan B would be the draft. Either way, I'm playing Moton at LT. He's shown he can handle it and that's the big $$$ position. Getting competent LT play out of a guy on a rookie contract is stealing money in terms of the cap.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Plan A would be to look at other FA RTs. Plan B would be the draft. Either way, I'm playing Moton at LT. He's shown he can handle it and that's the big $$$ position. Getting competent LT play out of a guy on a rookie contract is stealing money in terms of the cap.

When has he shown he can handle it? Hasnt he just played there one game? And never played there in college? 

Archived