• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess to Colts 1 Year 13 Million

Saca312

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

Since we're the Panthers I'm going to assume he'll explode for 1200 yds and 14 TDs next season.

and ty is so so so nice he'll just be happy for dev (no sarcasm. he's that nice)

This is why Torrey Smith @ $5M is a value, even in a "mentor" role...

Two things:

1) The WR market has went absolutely bonkers

2) Funchess is a NFL-caliber receiver, and even though his base deal may be considerably less, I can't imagine any world where he is worth $13M

Good for him though... we will get a shot at him this year.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not ready to go that far.

Admittedly though, number two to TY Hilton is a lot better role for him than being number one here.

Stop with this new narrative of yours. His best games were as a number one.

12 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

I’m happy for funchess. Was treated completely unfairly by a good portion of this fan base. He was nowhere nearly as bad as many over exaggerated on these boards. Also don’t get why everyone is harping on the $13 million. That’s what the deal maxes out at and they have over $100 million in cap space. This is what happens when you have a competent general manager. You put yourself in a position where you can take that risk.

The way Funchess was treated, was 100% based on his playing ability.  He routinely dropped easy, catchable passes.  He was our WR1, due to having no one else around, and he could not live up to it.  

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

359 more than Smith. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if he has a good year. He looked awesome at times in 2017 even with a bum shoulder and then fell apart last year. 

Funchess has certainly had stretches where he has looked good, just never consistent.

I'd personally take Torrey Smith @ $5M though... and regardless of the people knocking Smith, he can still be a good #4 WR behind DJ, Samuel, and Wright.

Torrey actually had his 2 best games (PHI & WAS) before he got hurt.  That 4th down conversion against the Eagles and him schooling J-No in the 2nd half against the Redskins were good performances.

The idea we could get a high comp pick for Funchess is an awesome thought too

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hate to say it, but if he plays well in that number two role, he might be happy about that too.

I was never a fan regardless of his projected role.  He struggled with drops since college and that didn't change here.  He was lazy, his route running was lackluster, and far too often seemed to lack situational and positional awareness.  Maybe a change of scenery and playing for an offensive-minded, innovative coach will turn all that around, but I'm skeptical.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

I was never a fan regardless of his projected role.  He struggled with drops since college and that didn't change here.  He was lazy, his route running was lackluster, and far too often seemed to lack situational and positional awareness.  Maybe a change of scenery and playing for an offensive-minded, innovative coach will turn all that around, but I'm skeptical.

He was the softest wide out in the league mentally and physically. So happy to be rid of him. 

Archived