• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

South Carolina Approves $115 Million

Kyle82

8 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

State income tax. Applies to players and staff, as long as the money given is used on the new facility.

So the guy working at a service tech for the building isn't going to pay SC income tax on his earnings for 15 years?

Also, how would the players be paying the said income tax?  They wouldn't be "earning" money in SC correct?  At least not like normal employees since their pay comes in game checks, and those are paid to the state in which the games are played.

10 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

State income tax. Applies to players and staff, as long as the money given is used on the new facility.

That's big.  Players wouldn't be taxed by SC any way since they no games in SC, but I'd imagine endorsement contracts could be taxed in SC, so still big news.

15 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

So the guy working at a service tech for the building isn't going to pay SC income tax on his earnings for 15 years?

Also, how would the players be paying the said income tax?  They wouldn't be "earning" money in SC correct?  At least not like normal employees since their pay comes in game checks, and those are paid to the state in which the games are played.

Got me???

https://www.counton2.com/news/south-carolina-news/panthers-sc-governor-plan-party-to-sign-tax-break-bill-1/2047562328

Also heard it on local news.

2 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

McMaster officially signed the bill into law May 22. It exempts the Panthers from paying state income taxes for players, coaches and other employees for 15 years as long as they use the money to build their new complex near Rock Hill.

That wording is very odd to me.  To add, I do not support this.

23 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I'm guessing endorsement contracts could be taxed?

Just now, blackcat said:

I'm guessing endorsement contracts could be taxed?

Only in the state in which the players reside "full time".

And why the hell would you take money off the table for the very few who may live in SC to build a practice facility.

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Only in the state in which the players reside "full time".

And why the hell would you take money off the table for the very few who may live in SC to build a practice facility.

Just to sweeten the pot I guess in hopes this move spurs more development, which it will.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:58 PM, The Huddler said:

some of the most lazy sacks of poo I know were some teachers I had in highschool

Nice to know that you still trust an opinion you had of adults when you were a child .... at least, in your own mind.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:20 PM, Cookie Lyon said:

So, because of your experience with teachers who you claim were "lazy sacks of poo" are you saying that other qualified teachers that actually do their jobs don't deserve a raise?

I can second that actually. I dont agree with raising teachers salaries across the board. Just like any job it should be based on individual evaluation.  I'm good for good teachers making good money. Against bad teachers who get to benefit from a uniform raise. Doesn't matter...the internet will replace teachers within 15 years.

As long as the games remain played at BOA in Charlotte, the rest is semantics.  I do like that Tepper is trying hard to reach out to the Carolinas at large.

If everyone in the Carolinas was truly behind the Panthers, that would be 15 million people strong, and one of the larger markets for the NFL

Archived