• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone want to buy 2 PSL'S

Squirrel

On 6/16/2019 at 9:44 PM, Squirrel said:

$2000 for 2 tickets for the season.

Another $2000 for the right to future season tickets. 

I just cant use them anymore and they are becoming a hassle for me.  Just looking for a fair value and to get them into the hands of fans that will enjoy them. 

I wish $4,500 a year was a "hassle". That's like me looking at Netflix price increases. $2 increase per year, "man, this is such a hassle, I don't even watch Netflix" (forgets to cancel).

Where I want to be, "man, I can't get to any games and haven't the past five years, what a hassle this $4,500 is." (forgets to cancel, doesn't care). 

On 6/17/2019 at 6:52 PM, Lumps said:

I’ll never forget the time you sold me Falcons tickets from your PSLs. If it makes a difference, you did sell them to a huge Panther fan and my friend and I had a blast and memories we won’t forget all thanks to your tickets. Thanks again.

You are so very welcome and I’m glad you had a great time   That’s what it is about 

every time I walk into the stadium on game day I know that I am lucky to be there 

believe me, I’d rather sell to Panthers fans...it just doesn’t always work out that way 

PSL owners get bashed a lot in this forum and I don’t get it. I remind them from time to time, ‘know the Jimmy Claussen era, I had to buy all those tickets and couldn’t give them away same with the Vinny Testaverde era’.  

After those QBs, Cam Newton makes my tickets sellable for the games I can’t go to myself. ...and  I can’t thank him enough. I don’t care how he dresses.  I don’t care about his press conferences.  I don’t care about his motion. Just play and when I think about the great players I have seen play at BofA, I count him among them

best to you and to all of us this year   

When we go to the playoffs and have 2 home playoffs games on the way  back to the Superbowl, I want to hear how easy those tickets are to pick up at face. The PSL market is depressed because we have had one winning season since 2015 and there is uncertainty about the future of BOA.  Back to back winning seasons which I predict will happen this year and next and magically increase interest in tickets. Anyone think the Hurricanes are going to have lagging sales next year..... winning cures a lot of issues.

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Naaa...they wont be worth a damn when Tep moves the stadium to SC...

Doubt he would unless SC pays for it. Otherwise how many of the current PSL owners will buy more PSLs for that stadium when this one was abandoned after only 25-30 years even after numerous upgrades.  I know I won't. You think they can find 60 000 new folks who will put up that kind of money after seeing how the original PSL owners were treated?

3 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Anything over face value is more than any PSL or tickets are worth

if you don’t believe this is true, then you will still have them this time next year 

So you're willing to spend $25,000 on 2 PSL's? Because that's the face value of mine. Give me your phone number!

2 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Anything over face value is more than any PSL or tickets are worth

if you don’t believe this is true, then you will still have them this time next year 

Tell that to Pittsburgh, Dallas and Giants fans who routinely pay double face to see their teams play in BOA when we play them. But I am not selling mine so I don't care. I will be paying face during the playoffs at BOA this year while others will be paying double or watching at home. For me there is nothing like watching it live and being the 12th man. I like to experience the action not just watch it.

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Doubt he would unless SC pays for it. Otherwise how many of the current PSL owners will buy more PSLs for that stadium when this one was abandoned after only 25-30 years even after numerous upgrades.  I know I won't. You think they can find 60 000 new folks who will put up that kind of money after seeing how the original PSL owners were treated?

...that would be the logical take...but when big money is involved...look out. most  PSL holders i was accustom to were the lake Norman crowd and were on the lake by halftime....  PSL's were a novelty as i remember... CLT population has exploded since 95...so another 60K will fall in line...

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

This, plus there is not a large enough fan base to buy another huge lot of new PSLs.  Just look around the stadium on games days, not just the past season .. including previous one (even in good seasons, etc)  there are plenty of empty seats.  So even among our fan base, fans are not buying single game tickets every weak .... so if you cant even have enough fans to buy up seats weekly cause they don't want to spend the money.... how you gonna get the fan base to fork over thousands of dollars to buy the rights to buy tickets... its not gonna happen.  

Plus the current stadium is still very nice, plenty of suits, a whole lot of club seats and in a great location.  There is not going to be a new place.  Maybe a threat of one to squeeze the city and state but that's about it.  

2 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...that would be the logical take...but when big money is involved...look out. most  PSL holders i was accustom to were the lake Norman crowd and were on the lake by halftime....  PSL's were a novelty as i remember... CLT population has exploded since 95...so another 60K will fall in line...

See my above post ... don't think there will be another sixty thousand fans who will fall in line.  Stadium already has empty seats in thousands on game days, even during good season, before any uncertainty.  If those thousands of fans aren't buying single game or season tickets from a current PSL owner doubt they fork over thousands for PSLs. 

2 hours ago, Pimpdaddy said:

The novelty of PSLs and corporate folks surely would have helped initially. But is it still cool to buy PSL 30 years later and drive down 77 through terrible traffic to get there. I can tell you the PSL folks I see on Sundays are every day Panther fans. Then again I am in the upper bowl so most of the big spenders are in the suites.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:19 PM, Stoney said:

Not quite how it works.

Paying for the Personal Seat License is a one-time, up-front expense (let's call it $5k per x 2 = $10,000).

Owning that PSL gives one the right to purchase those 2 seats each season in perpetuity.  It is also an obligation to purchase those seats, the PSL is revoked if you don't pay up for the seat.

If the market will bear it, the PSL owner can re-sell to another fan for whatever price they are able to negotiate, here lately sounds like it is a buyers market.

Or, as it sounds like some are considering doing, the PSL owner can simply decline to buy the tickets and their PSL lapses and goes back to the team.

The Jets/Giants adopted a similar system to help finance their new stadium and their PSL market is similarly depressed.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/business/meadowlands-matters/2017/02/23/giants-psl-prices-did-they-turn-out-worth/98322972/

As I said earlier it sounds exactly like a time share marketing scheme.  People are just now finding out how worthless that PSL is in reality.

13 hours ago, panthers55 said:

The novelty of PSLs and corporate folks surely would have helped initially. But is it still cool to buy PSL 30 years later and drive down 77 through terrible traffic to get there. I can tell you the PSL folks I see on Sundays are every day Panther fans. Then again I am in the upper bowl so most of the big spenders are in the suites.

Yes. The seats around me are owned by out of towners who never come. Sounds like the fun of driving form Virginia got pretty old but they keep the PSLs for the good games to sell. But a new stadium would be marketed all over so maybe there is a new generation that would make up for these folks.

Archived