• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cowboys/Panthers. 2003 Playoffs. A look back.

ellis

Stayed at the Westin that night. Walked to the stadium. Walked back after the game. The uptown atmosphere was just unreal.

Side note: the hotel elevators were jammed after the game. We had to walk our adrenalined-out fat asses up about 15 flights. 

I still have my f*ck Dallas T-shirt from that game in my man can.  A tailgating friend got another T-shirt that said "Dallas sucks" on the front and "Jerry Jones swallows" on the back.  He told me his wife made him throw it away when he got home that night though. Ah, the good ole days!

I still think Dallas fans are obnoxious, but they are nothing like they used to be... I guess 25 years of mediocrity will do that to you... people do mellow as they get older... a drunk 55 year old trash talking someone is just sad...

But in 2003, there were still A LOT of local rednecks who thought the fact they paid for a ticket and pledged loyalty to Jerry Jones endowed them with a pass to get hammered and attempt to start fights in BOA (then Ericsson) stadium.

Watching them leave drunk and bewildered by the beatdown they endured was a satisfying experience.  I remember them yelling about how many rings do you have as left like that had any significance that night... 

I wonder how many of those same people 15+ years later struggle with whether to wear their MAGA or Cowboys hat out in public during football season...

That was a Saturday night game, had to watch here in VaBeach as a lone Panthers fan in the bar.. Great night, even solo... watched all but 2 games that season in that bar, even met my wife there then, good times.....

On 7/9/2019 at 12:16 AM, j2sgam said:

That was a Saturday night game, had to watch here in VaBeach as a lone Panthers fan in the bar.. Great night, even solo... watched all but 2 games that season in that bar, even met my wife there then, good times.....

I’m in Chesapeake, watched it at a local bar as well. Met my wife on the “Strip”.

Haha, the Strip... went there a whole lot more when I didn’t live in VB, now that I’m a ‘local’ I avoid it at all costs... except to get to Gringo’s tacos, that place is awesome...

met mine at a spot called the Varsity Club on Bonney Rd, now it’s called Stooges... I used to close the Varsity 4-5 nights a week... cheers!

31 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Smitty and being tackled inside the five... 

As good as he was, he probably missed out on another 7-10 TD's in his career by being tripped up/ pushed out of bounds near the goal line.  I remember in 2008 alone he had at least 4-5 TD's where he was down near the goal line and Deangelo punched it in

Archived