• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera - Coach of the Year?

CardiacCat

Ron Rivera could again be named Coach of the Year.

He has already won it twice and has a talented team in Carolina. Still, when I asked three head coaches who the most underrated coach in football was, Rivera was among the top three names each gave. They think he's one of the best in the game at managing a locker room, and with the talent the Panthers have this year, the team could make a deep run in January.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2847849-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-what-storylines-will-shape-nfl-season-to-come?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

25 minutes ago, CardiacCat said:

Ron Rivera could again be named Coach of the Year.

He has already won it twice and has a talented team in Carolina. Still, when I asked three head coaches who the most underrated coach in football was, Rivera was among the top three names each gave. They think he's one of the best in the game at managing a locker room, and with the talent the Panthers have this year, the team could make a deep run in January.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2847849-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-what-storylines-will-shape-nfl-season-to-come?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

steve carell lol GIF

trash coach who won't win poo.

he swore at halftime of a game that derailed the entire season, and people think he's a good coach all of a sudden. 

the panthers don't need a coach to be the players' best friend. they need one who knows what he's doing on sundays and that isn't rivera.

1 hour ago, jtm said:

I'm so confused . . . does the Huddle like Ron again or does everyone still blame him for wasting Cam and Luke's careers???

Im still blaming him for wasting by not improving on head coaching intangibles. We know he can motivate a locker room times x10 but can you make those game management decisions that will turn the tables in a game. Not sitting Cam in the past when he was clearly hurt and coudnt play to his ability still has a bad taste in my mouth. Lastly, 3 winning seasons out of 8 pretty much is what it is at this point.  Only a super bowl win out of one of those seasons would make that tenure less unsatisfying. I could go on but thats just somethings i hold up. Just My opinion. 

46 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

What the fug is wrong with Luke?

Unsure at this point. With his concussion history, I’m sure the slightest of ding to the head can/will sideline him for a day or two. Totally understandable.

Then again, Ron won’t say much, nor should he feel obligated to at this point. I get how it can be frustrating for fans, and the media (I get it). It’s just not in anybody’s best interest to say a whole lot about it. At least from the team’s perspective. 

Archived