• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is Focused, Healthy, and Upbeat

FakePlasticTrees

Anticipation, anxiety, hope, and expectation. I am beginning to believe a great start is around the corner.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001048403/article/cam-focused-on-football-not-injuries-ahead-of-opener

Cam's progression this offseason was marked by small steps back to the field, from throwing off to the side to showing off his new throwing motion with footballs, from returning to padded practice to starting Carolina's preseason tilt. Now fully healthy, Newton feels like a new man and thankful to be with the Panthers for a ninth professional season.

"I feel like a rookie again. I'm having fun, feeling good and the thrill is still there, man," Newton said. "I'm blessed, just knowing that, man, you just got to sometimes put things into perspective. Just two or three weeks, two or three days ago, grown men cried, you know what I'm saying? People getting unexpectedly cut, released, traded or whatever. I'm just lucky to be a part of a fan base and organization for the same nine years. A lot of people can't say the same."

In addition to his lengthy rehab, Newton is chalking up his recovery from his shoulder and foot injuries to a change in diet.

All we need to see is Cam again.  Let's see him unload a 50 yarder to an open Samuel behind the Rams defense and it's (*@#$ing ON.  The addition of a deep ball to what we saw the first 8 games last year is going to put every defense in the league on notice.

19 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

To be honest is presser seemed guarded, anxious, and chaotic. He didn't speak like a composed, focused man. Obviously I want Cam to be well and have a great year but that presser was not a great look.

Really have to wonder where his mind is at right now.  NFL likes to prescribe painkillers so hopefully he isn't addicted to those or anything.  

1 hour ago, KendrickPanther said:

To be honest is presser seemed guarded, anxious, and chaotic. He didn't speak like a composed, focused man. Obviously I want Cam to be well and have a great year but that presser was not a great look.

Im confused......what was not a great look, and what made it seem like he is not a composed, focused man? 

In addition to his lengthy rehab, Newton is chalking up his recovery from his shoulder and foot injuries to a change in diet.

"Of course, vegan strong. That helps a lot," Newton said. "I've been vegan all year. And I don't think I'm going back. Feel good. I recover well and that's what it's pretty much all about."

@Jeremy Igo...you tearing up?

Archived