• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

calm down. the panthers will be fine.

Saca312

i don't post around here as much as i used to, but i just gotta say something to yall doomsday "Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire suxs" folk. 

for any of u paying attention, this is week 1. cam newton is coming off shoulder surgery and has less reps than he normally has. he also was going against wade phillips and the defending NFC champions Rams. rusty mistakes happen week 1, as most other qbs have shown.

tom brady, big ben, russell wilson, baker mayfield, matt ryan, have had their fair shares of pathetic throws. big ben had one overthrow eerily similar to the one cam overthrew curtis samuel. it happens. its fuggin week one.

for christ sake the saints lost to the buccaneers with ryan fitzpatrick looking like a god-tier QB last year. just today matt ryan poo'd the bed and turned in a performance that'd make jimmy clausen proud. and when's the last time the panthers ever looked complete week 1? or most NFL teams for that matter? we're talking about a once in a blue moon type of deal. and week 1 usually won't matter when all is said and done.

it's one game. we were 30-27 after shooting ourselves in the foot and firing ourselves away in a cannon against the 2nd best team in the NFL last year and honestly we were the better looking team overall. once we fix up the stupid miscues and easy fixable mistakes, we'll be a well oiled machine.

keep ur head up. cam doesnt suck. panthers are still in it.

its fuggin week 1.

6 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Rams starters hadnt played a game since the super bowl and they still beat us.

we were 30-27 against the reigning NFC champs with Wade Phillips and Sean McVay despite the refs poor calls, dj moore's fumble, cam's tipped fumble pass, slye's missed field goal, ron rivera burning timeouts, communication issues, ron rivera being conservative, and daryl williams doing his best impersonation of byron bell. and we still looked like the better team on the field.

we'll be fine.

If your looking at the glass half full you can certainly see it that way. 

But there’s still cause for worry, we didn’t even attempt one pass over 25 yards. Cam hasn’t completed a pass over 40 yards since 2017, our line wasn’t that good and we are still having problems with the play clock. And whose to say this is the same Rams team from last season? I’m willing to bet they don’t come any where close to the number 1 seed this season.

All in all we will see where we stand Thursday. They better show up

Just now, GoobyPls said:

But there’s still cause for worry, we didn’t even attempt one pass over 25 yards.

fair.

but u have to realize that literally cam was pressured nearly every down. line couldn't hold for squat and cam had to quickly release. if there was no rush, that was cause they focused all their attention on coverage and cam couldn't throw to an open receiver.

this was arguably the toughest defense we'd face this year. we're past it and still put up a fight. we'll be fine.

4 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

If your looking at the glass half full you can certainly see it that way. 

But there’s still cause for worry, we didn’t even attempt one pass over 25 yards. Cam hasn’t completed a pass over 40 yards since 2017, our line wasn’t that good and we are still having problems with the play clock. And whose to say this is the same Rams team from last season? I’m willing to bet they don’t come any where close to the number 1 seed this season.

All in all we will see where we stand Thursday. They better show up

I'm honestly wondering if Norv calls deep plays because of the oline. Not even Greir though a deep ball in preseason. It seems we have set up the offense to get the ball out fast and run the ball. 

8 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

Team came out flat

Delay of game penalties

Odd officiating calls that turn against us

QB1 has no touch and attempted 0 deep passes

But yea, everything will be fine

It's called the first game of the year.

And it's clear the coaching staff is going easy on Cam. That'll change next week against Tampa since Tampa is trash and it will be a night game at home. Perfect opponent and game settings for everyone to get into their groove. Expect a huge win next week. 

I know right. The panthers lost by three to one of the best teams.

the Steelers are getting Bent over with Zero Vaseline 30-3 as I type this and it’s not even 4th quarter. I’m sure they would love to say they went 30-27 against the Super Bowl champs(and the team on its own mountain)

ill take this loss in the first game of the season any time.

assuming the second half play and waking up carries over the team should win for awhile and work itself out.

8 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

fair.

but u have to realize that literally cam was pressured nearly every down. line couldn't hold for squat and cam had to quickly release. if there was no rush, that was cause they focused all their attention on coverage and cam couldn't throw to an open receiver.

this was arguably the toughest defense we'd face this year. we're past it and still put up a fight. we'll be fine.

I’m hoping everything you said is right.

The Panthers have lost 8 of the last 9 games, and the only “win” was against the Saints opening their collective buttholes to tank the Panthers draft position. 

Everything hasn’t been fine since before the Steelers game. Week 1 was a mirror image of the second half of the 2018 season. Nothing has changed. The fan base is 100% right to be worried.

While I share your sentiment Saca. You can't deny the things that are always lingering around a Rivera led team. The Doom and gloom crowd will always be there, just as the sky is not falling crowd..the thing is that there's some of us that a truly not shocked at the outcome and have come to expect these types of performances by Rivera and this team, and quite frankly are really really tired of the same song and dance. We've seen this before. Some of us are tired of it. Tired of the "missed opportunities", and the lack of learning from mistakes. It's been nine years man. You kind of know what you have with Rivera now. There shouldn't be an excuse we have not heard and should accept from him. 

Indifference. Let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully they get a win Thurs and not drop 0-2 5 days into the season..

Just now, hepcat said:

The Panthers have lost 8 of the last 9 games, and the only “win” was against the Saints opening their collective buttholes to tank the Panthers draft position. 

Everything hasn’t been fine since before the Steelers game. Week 1 was a mirror image of the second half of the 2018 season. Nothing has changed. The fan base is 100% right to be worried.

Meh, this is a new year. I'm one of the usual negative nancy's lol, but its just week 1. I said this multiple times quoting people. I think you guys really pumped up yourselves into thinking the Panthers were going to win this one and Jeremy had a lot to do with that (everything he say or believe, the opposite occurs). My expectations were low, I actually had his marked as a L. After week one, the huddle is losing its minds.

And for those thinking SB, like Ronald will ever win a SB as our head coach, you're really going to be disappointed in this year. A lot of coaches who lose the SB, that becomes their peak. 2015 was Ron peak.

Archived