• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Imagine If Kyle Allen is Lights Out on Sunday. But Cam is Ready for Week 4.

App Panther

6 minutes ago, App Panther said:

Let's just stop and picture Kyle Allen repeats his Saints game performance from last year against the Cardinals this Sunday and picking up a decisive win in the process.

Let's also imagine Cam is ready to play Week 4. What do you do? Let Cam start Week 4 on a short leash?

Who is making the call?  Ron?

If so, Cam will play, as I think that he should.  That said, this is very unlikely to happen.

1 minute ago, App Panther said:

You'd sign out if Kyle Allen does well this Sunday? Or you'd sign out if Cam is just straight up benched in favor of Allen?

Regardless of what conditions cause them, quarterback controversies tend to get ugly.

I'd rather try to kick a field goal with an ingrown toenail.

That would be a great situation to have.  Personally, I think until Cam is well enough for the team to actually call QB runs (or at least the threat of them), then Cam is not well enough to play.

I don't think Cam is going to miss extended time (although I could be wrong), but I do think he misses these next 2 games.

That would give him almost 3 weeks to recover.  If he's not ready by then... maybe IR is a serious consideration

And to be clear, I would take a truly healthy Cam 100 times out of 100...

Cam's problems have not been due to QB incompetence in terms of making the right reads or knowing where to go with the ball (his lone INT so far was just a hell of a play by Littleton).  Cam is not confused out there

Cam just can't physically put the ball where it needs to be.   

19 minutes ago, App Panther said:

Let's just stop and picture Kyle Allen repeats his Saints game performance from last year against the Cardinals this Sunday and picking up a decisive win in the process.

Let's also imagine Cam is ready to play Week 4. What do you do? Let Cam start Week 4 on a short leash?

I love the optimism, but Without Cam, I doubt we win more than 3 games this year. Although, with Cam we haven’t won any so what the hell do I know...?

Archived