• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sh&^% Just Ain't Fair!!!

Catufb85

23 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Cam has a realistic shot at the HOF. Allen has played 2 games. When Cam gets healthy, you absolutely go back to him. 

You will never change the mind of those who dismiss Cam. Just enjoy the ride, and tune out the noise.

Cam is getting older and more injury prone. You don't give a QB who can't stay healthy 40 million a year. You pay the guy who can give you another 7 years of playing. 

4 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Going to be easier than ever to tell who's a fan of the Carolina Panthers versus the Carolina Cams

No kidding. How many will drop the Panthers if Cam goes to another team One day? Pretty sure OP would.

17 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Did you actually watch Cam in the first two games?  He was not good.  At all.

If healthy and passing well sure, maybe you give him the keys back but we are ways off from this.  I hope Cam gets healthy for his own good.  Agree he is probably a HOFer

His first two games have no bearing on what the future holds. Right now Kyle is the QB, as he should be. But...when Cam is healthy, and there is no reason to think he will not get healthy. He is our starting QB.

A healthy Cam has move to offer than Kyle. Kyle will get his time. But it will not come at the expense of a healthy Cam.

3 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

His first two games have no bearing on what the future holds. Right now Kyle is the QB, as he should be. But...when Cam is healthy, and there is no reason to think he will not get healthy. He is our starting QB.

Uh, actually I think there are plenty of reasons to worry that he may not get healthy.  Honestly, it's been since 2016 that we saw a truly healthy Cam Newton for an entire season.  We don't have to like it.  We can of course talk about why.  Bottom line though is that post 2015, we haven't really seen "that" Cam.  The one we all expect to see.  2017 is about as close as it gets.

Obviously, everyone would love to see 2015 Cam again.  Or even early 2018 Cam.  But there are plenty of reasons to doubt we will, even though we all *hope* we will.

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

Cam is getting older and more injury prone. You don't give a QB who can't stay healthy 40 million a year. You pay the guy who can give you another 7 years of playing. 

First, this ankle thingy was just a freak accident. Not sure it qualifies as making Cam "Injury Prone". By all accounts his shoulder IS 100%, so when he heals from this ankle, he should be 100%. If this is the case. He absolutely becomes our starting QB once again.

As for this goofy azz 40mil a year thingy. No one with half a brain is suggesting that. 

Listen, I am not advocating that Cam is not replaceable. When that time comes, I will be right there. With that said, I am not sure that time has come. We have to see what a healthy Cam can do with THIS team before we write that obituary.

5 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

I mean, to be fair there's definitely reason to be afraid he won't "get healthy" or at least stay healthy. Just saying. 

I am sorry. I just refuse to let fear guide my thinking. If you worry about everything, you will drive yourself mad. IF this ankle thing truly is the end. Which I cannot believe it to be. So be it. But I am not going to fret over it.

I know Cam is getting older. I know the end will come sometime. I am just not going to force the end to come before it's time. 

It is like some of you are just happy to write that final chapter. Oh well, it's over. Not me. 

8 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

First, this ankle thingy was just a freak accident. Not sure it qualifies as making Cam "Injury Prone". By all accounts his shoulder IS 100%, so when he heals from this ankle, he should be 100%. If this is the case. He absolutely becomes our starting QB once again.

As for this goofy azz 40mil a year thingy. No one with half a brain is suggesting that. 

Listen, I am not advocating that Cam is not replaceable. When that time comes, I will be right there. With that said, I am not sure that time has come. We have to see what a healthy Cam can do with THIS team before we write that obituary.

Dude a mid foot sprain could last a year. That would add up to Cam not practicing with the offense for over three years... I love Cam but I also see the facts and the facts are Rivera might have rode him into the ground. Look at what happened to Luck. 

7 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Uh, actually I think there are plenty of reasons to worry that he may not get healthy.  Honestly, it's been since 2016 that we saw a truly healthy Cam Newton for an entire season.  We don't have to like it.  We can of course talk about why.  Bottom line though is that post 2015, we haven't really seen "that" Cam.  The one we all expect to see.  2017 is about as close as it gets.

Obviously, everyone would love to see 2015 Cam again.  Or even early 2018 Cam.  But there are plenty of reasons to doubt we will, even though we all *hope* we will.

By all accounts Cams' shoulder is 100%. He threw the ball well all spring. The ankle injury was a freak thing. If you want to feel this portents the end. Have at it. I just happen to believe he can get healthy once again. 

Listen, QBs get hurt. I cannot say for certain Cam will never get hurt again. But, I can say with some certainty that he can get past this ankle thing and be Cam once again.

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Dude a mid foot sprain could last a year. That would add up to Cam not practicing with the offense for over three years... I love Cam but I also see the facts and the facts are Rivera might have rode him into the ground. Look at what happened to Luck. 

That is a whole lot of speculating there. Especially since Cam was throwing the ball well all summer, and into Training Camp. It is not his shoulder that is sidelining him at this time. It is the ankle. 

I have heard 4-8 weeks without surgery. 

Once again I will say I refuse to let fear guide my thinking. You are free to fret that Cam is done. Have at it. I on the other hand feel we may see Cam after the bye, or somewhere in that time frame.

Is there some reason you guys want to think worse case scenario with Cam? 

35 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

First, this ankle thingy was just a freak accident. Not sure it qualifies as making Cam "Injury Prone".

Missed Week 4 of 2016 with a Concussion. Shoulder surgery 1 in December of that year. Knee strain in the playoff game in '17, shoulder again at the end of 18. And now you can add the mid foot sprain which has Newton out at least 2 weeks (ARI and HOU), and possibly more.

Sports Injury Predictor labeled Newton "High Risk" going into the 2019 season (prior to the preseason).

Is Cam 'injury prone'? I'll let you decide.

As a fan I don’t really care what Cam has done in the past, all I care is what people are doing now and who can do win games for us, idgaf who it is.

So yea hard for me to relate to a somewhat weird personal feelings about an Specific, one, athlete who doesn’t know or care I exist.

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Missed Week 4 of 2016 with a Concussion. Shoulder surgery 1 in December of that year. Knee strain in the playoff game in '17, shoulder again at the end of 18. And now you can add the mid foot sprain which has Newton out at least 2 weeks (ARI and HOU), and possibly more.

Sports Injury Predictor labeled Newton "High Risk" going into the 2019 season (prior to he preseason).

Is Cam 'injury prone'? I'll let you decide.

Cam is a QB, of course he is going to get dinged up. A Concussion 3 years ago, c'mon man. A knee "Strain"? Sheesh. Seems like a stretch to add those in to make a point of "Injury Prone".

And by all accounts his shoulder is 100%. If it weren't for this freaky ankle thing, Cam would be as healthy as he has been in a while.

I get it. Some of you are letting your fear of the past guide your thinking. Have at it. I just believe that when Cam comes back, he will be 100% healthy. And I can't wait.

Archived