• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something unusual I noticed

bigpoppa

7 hours ago, bigpoppa said:

1:55 left in the 3rd quarter

Houston is shuffling personnel. Carolina rushes to the line to take the snap and Houston has to burn a timeout. 

:28 left in the 4th: 

Houston gets the ball down by 6 but has no time outs.

I'm used to seeing that in a Panthers game. Just not used to it being the other team that had to burn the timeout.

Yup.  I don't know why we don't do these things when Cam is starting.  Why are we constantly burning timeouts and running a sluggish offense?  I'm at the point where I have to wonder if it's something to do with Cam as crazy as it sounds.

48 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Yup.  I don't know why we don't do these things when Cam is starting.  Why are we constantly burning timeouts and running a sluggish offense?  I'm at the point where I have to wonder if it's something to do with Cam as crazy as it sounds.

You're not crazy. Many have voiced their concerns with Cam over this issue numerous times and been labeled racist for even thinking it. It has been an issue for years, specifically after Cam breaks off a big run. He'll do his first down point, hold it for 5-6 and then slowly get back to the huddle. Can't tell you how many times we've had to burn a timeout after that. I have no problem with the swag, I have no problem with his first down point. I have a problem that it takes 10 seconds total to do it, and because he is the QB, he is the one relaying the playcalls to everyone else so everyone else is behind the 8 ball on teh next play. Dude is a stud but he's not infallible. 

4 hours ago, Cam2Ligit2Quit said:

If you are not trying to Bash Cam you don’t have to make the comment. let’s be happy we have 2 capable starting QB. This will always be Cam’s team. He WAS a League MVP and the franchise. If both QB are on the block an injured Cam Newton will bring back more assets. 

FTFY

MVP 4 years ago doesn’t mean he still is MVP. I’ve been patiently waiting for that Cam to return and it just seems like his head isn’t in the game. 

Not sure where it is. Glad Kyle Allen is here he seems to be focused. 

Kyle Allen got Arizona with 12 men on the field 2-3 times.  It comes down to QB awareness.  Cam awareness has been an issue from day one so we are not used to it but many QB in the league do that.  Also, I noticed that Panthers were breaking Huddle with 15-20 seconds left before the play.  Something I’m not used to as well.  That gives Allen time to analyze D and change play.  It’s just weird all these changes happened after Cam went out... makes you wonder if it’s Cam or offensive mindset changed?

5 hours ago, Cam2Ligit2Quit said:

If you are not trying to Bash Cam you don’t have to make the comment. let’s be happy we have 2 capable starting QB. This will always be Cam’s team. He is a League MVP and the franchise. If both QB are on the block an injured Cam Newton will bring back more assets. 

We're Human we all have flaws and or bad habits just happens to be one of Cam's 

50 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Kyle Allen got Arizona with 12 men on the field 2-3 times.  It comes down to QB awareness.  Cam awareness has been an issue from day one so we are not used to it but many QB in the league do that.  Also, I noticed that Panthers were breaking Huddle with 15-20 seconds left before the play.  Something I’m not used to as well.  That gives Allen time to analyze D and change play.  It’s just weird all these changes happened after Cam went out... makes you wonder if it’s Cam or offensive mindset 

The year we went to the Super bowl we lead the league or we're top in the league for time of possession. Cam would wait till about 2 or 3 sec and snap the ball and it worked pretty good that year I just think teams started figuring us out 

3 minutes ago, Jus Rob said:

The year we went to the Super bowl we lead the league or we're top in the league for time of possession. Cam would wait till about 2 or 3 sec and snap the ball and it worked pretty good that year I just think teams started figuring us out 

Leading the league in TOP is great....if you are scoring points.  If you are running slow methodical drives, but ending them with punts or FG attempts, it's not a good thing.

Offenses (most) are just too good these days, and you will end up down a score at the end unless you get turnovers.

This is the way that Ron prefers to play....but there is very little margin of error when you play that way.  It's why he always harps on "missed opportunities"...you miss a couple that way and you won't win the game.

6 hours ago, Cam2Ligit2Quit said:

If you are not trying to Bash Cam you don’t have to make the comment. let’s be happy we have 2 capable starting QB. This will always be Cam’s team. He is a League MVP and the franchise. If both QB are on the block an injured Cam Newton will bring back more assets. 

Someone has to be bashed and I think that falls all on Cam. Since Allen has been in there I've noticed we have snapped the ball with more than 10 seconds way more times I've ever seen with Cam. I can't remember even a time when we had to burn a timeout since he has been qb. I'm glad someone else notices how this offense runs smoother.

4 hours ago, WarHeel said:

Was certainly refreshing to see 2 consecutive games where we salvage time outs and stay generally free of false starts.

Not only false starts, but I believe we are the least penalized team in the NFL.  That's a sign of good coaching.

I noticed too.  It is good to see the pace picked up a bit and still have time left on play clock to scout the D.  I spent many a times screaming at the TV for Cam to hurry it up a bit, whether that falls on Cam or coaching I dunno, all I know is so far with Kyle the pace is moving along nicely.  

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

One reason I am not a fan of the QB taking a knee in the huddle. 

Would be nice if someone could get an answer as to why he does that. 

Also, if someone could go back and look at our first two games, figure out what time the play clock was at, on average, by the time the offense was set at the line after the huddle, compared to the past two games with Allen. 

Archived