• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meet Cam Newton tonight

raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

Could you imagine stopping for every kid that stopped you everytime as Cam Newton? I mean you would literally never get anything done. The guy is human.. I consider myself a good guy and love the kids but to hell with everytime I go out I'm on someone else's time.

i can't imagine being cam newton.  got quite a few teacher friends.  the ones who teach elementary can't even go to the grocery store because it will take hours.  their spouses have to do the shopping.  

9 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

As part of the Roaring Riot and Crusing with Cam, i was one of 50 people who met Cam tonight. I can only say that yes he was in a walking boot, yes he is coming back and he could not have been nicer and more humble to everyone there   

God bless him 

Wait, who are you?

8 hours ago, thebigcat said:

Only if cameras are present.... I’ve seen him walk right past a kid and father at the South Park mall

Lol the horror. Throw the guy in jail. Ban him from the league. 

He walked.....past..... *gasp* A CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil incarnate I tell ya. Evil incarnate.

9 hours ago, thebigcat said:

Only if cameras are present.... I’ve seen him walk right past a kid and father at the South Park mall

In fairness to Cam, so have I. 

I walked by a kid and his father.  I did.

Seriously, about Cam's persona.  I am not a Cam "nut hugger" like some on here, but I appreciate his contributions while admitting his shortcomings.  However, I took my boys to a practice that was closed.  The tarps were up-no media. We peeked through the tarps and watched for a while.  Cam was Cam.  Laughing and clowning--making practice fun.  He was full of himself, "showing off," and his teammates seem to like it. 

Cam is genuine.  After practice, he was bombarded by the Ebay autograph seekers and started to walk away, when he caught my son holding up a Cam Jersey in the corner of his eye.  He started to leave, stopped, returned with an awkward grin, and asked the adults (who had crowded in front of my son) to move.  My son stepped up, Cam signed his jersey, patted him on the head, and left.

For full disclosure, we were not at South Park Mall.

3 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Could you imagine stopping for every kid that stopped you everytime as Cam Newton? I mean you would literally never get anything done. The guy is human.. I consider myself a good guy and love the kids but to hell with everytime I go out I'm on someone else's time.

Even better, could you imagine judging someone because you don't seem to understand this basic idea and you once saw them not devote every waking moment of their time to other people's wishes?

Just now, 1of10Charnatives said:

Even better, could you imagine judging someone because you don't seem to understand this basic idea and you once saw them not devote every waking moment of their time to other people's wishes?

Yeah it must be great having such a great moral compass that you can feel free to criticize others for such a blight on humanity as this.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

85798686-1408-4211-836E-2158C8AAC7CD.thumb.jpeg.aa28273b364a9b20061cdebade67d4b6.jpeg

Imagine looking like this and having people call you out on your build and diet. Don’t think many here would want to be seen shirtless next to him.

Don't look skinny to me. Looks like the epitome of health. 

Aside from the presence of one or two usuals, this was actually a nice thread to read in the morning. Thank you.

Perhaps more people like OP who have been outspokenly critical of Cam should actually meet and understand the guy. Unfortunately there are some who will never change. They enjoy and savor being bitter too much to actually evolve.

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

Aside from the presence of one or two usuals, this was actually a nice thread to read in the morning. Thank you.

Perhaps more people like OP who have been outspokenly critical of Cam should actually meet and understand the guy. Unfortunately there are some who will never change. They enjoy and savor being bitter too much to actually evolve.

Interesting (but not surprising) that the pats fan first mentioned passing a kid by before mentioning he saw him give food to homeless people. At least he mentioned that, but it's obvious he's more drawn to the negative narrative.

I guess it's not the hot edgy take that gets an attention whore noticed.

Archived