• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019-2020 Hurricanes Regular Season Thread

KillerKat

11 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Mrazek looked great tonight. Shoulda been a shutout.

Svechnikov's mom is hot.

The team overall looked great. That's the best we have looked in a while. Need to finish this month strong because the teams we are battling with in the Metro are faltering a little. We need to take advantage and get a little breathing room(although most likely temporary).

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The team overall looked great. That's the best we have looked in a while. Need to finish this month strong because the teams we are battling with in the Metro are faltering a little. We need to take advantage and get a little breathing room(although most likely temporary).

Philly is playing lights out right now. Tough back-to-back to play the Rangers at home and fly north to get the Leafs 24 hours later.

Last night might have been the most complete game the Canes have played in a long time. Although it would have been much closer except for the fact Nashville's power play is atrocious...

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Philly is playing lights out right now. Tough back-to-back to play the Rangers at home and fly north to get the Leafs 24 hours later.

Last night might have been the most complete game the Canes have played in a long time. Although it would have been much closer except for the fact Nashville's power play is atrocious...

Good thing we already have the tie breaker over Philly. I'm focused less on them and more on CBJ and NYI faltering. Islanders have the Avs tonight in Denver I believe and another CBJvsPHI game the next night. If we can muster 3 points out of the next 2 games we will be in great shape coming down the home stretch.

23 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

Nevermind, last night was a poofest.

Last night was incredibly frustrating.  The Rangers just have our number.  Two goals off our skates.  Poor penalties. Bad sticks.

I'm really frustrated with Dzingle.  I think he has just underwhelmed so vastly.  While I think we have some of the best young talent in the league, we're just not in position to compete this year specifically because we lost Dougie. So I don't think a marginal upgrade via trade will put us over the top.  I really want this team to make the playoffs however, even if we get bounced in the first round.  That has more to do with maintaining a winning culture then anything else.  What we don't want to be is a one hit wonder when it comes to the post season.  

We shall see.  We do have games in hand, but our March schedule is brutal.

6 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Last night was incredibly frustrating.  The Rangers just have our number.  Two goals off our skates.  Poor penalties. Bad sticks.

I'm really frustrated with Dzingle.  I think he has just underwhelmed so vastly.  While I think we have some of the best young talent in the league, we're just not in position to compete this year specifically because we lost Dougie. So I don't think a marginal upgrade via trade will put us over the top.  I really want this team to make the playoffs however, even if we get bounced in the first round.  That has more to do with maintaining a winning culture then anything else.  What we don't want to be is a one hit wonder when it comes to the post season.  

We shall see.  We do have games in hand, but our March schedule is brutal.

We can't keep letting these kind of games get away from us. As you said. March is brutal. On the positive side, we have a lot of opportunities in March to gain ground in the playoff hunt with so many opponents that we are battling with.

32 minutes ago, philit99 said:

This was the greatest hurricane victory I have ever seen, completely unbelievable. Wow, that could change your season. There could be a movie made about this one, no kidding.

Yeah, it may change our season and not for the better, unfortunately. Rod said in the press conference that Pesce was going to out for "....a long time." That is not good.

10 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Just trade for lehner and give him a 1-2 yr contract. fug it.

As long as it doesn’t involve trading Bean (bring him up to fill in for Pesce) or our first round picks. Second rounder(s) and lesser prospect(s), fine.

Archived