• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Released Their Top 25 WR's Through Week 5

beastson

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Cam couldn’t really get them the ball and the same goes for Allen who looks more and more like a dink and dunk QB. Then we have Norv whose seems to only care about getting Mccaffrey touches.

Samuel and Moore on any team with a competent QB and OC would be a deadly combo

Yes, Kyle Allen is a dink and dunk QB . . . who posted the second longest thru the air pass play in the NFL last week.

41 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Yes, Kyle Allen is a dink and dunk QB . . . who posted the second longest thru the air pass play in the NFL last week.

Do you want me to post his throwing chart. In three games I he has completed 4 passes of over 15 yards

Also that was a great catch

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Do you want me to post his throwing chart. In three games I he has completed 4 passes of over 15 yards

Also that was a great catch

Post all the charts you like.  But acknowledge our limitations as well, not just Kyle Allens.

How many times has our OLine held up well enough to let those deeper passes develop?  How many deep passes have been called?

The bottom line is that Kyle Allen has executed the plays called with a higher success rate that Cam has at this point in this season.  Kyle Allen has won more games than Cam has this season.

Finally, let the example of Alex Smith be a cautionary tale when evaluating stats.  He was/is considered a dink/dunk passer for most of his career.  But when he had the right coordinator, the right team and situation, in 2017 he proved that he could throw the deep ball.

Why does it bother you that we don't have 2 guys in the top 25 WRs list? Who have they outperformed so far? You have to understand that until further notice we are in a run first, and then look for CMC as a receiver second type of offense. There are like 30+ dudes averaging enough receiving yards a game to reach 1k, over 40 dudes with 2+ receiving touchdowns, over 50 guys with 3+ BIG plays of 20+ yards and DJ only has 2. The only stat where DJ is high on the list is first down catches. And he has been our best receiver so obviously Samuel wasn't going to make the list.

That being said... we aren't halfway through the season. A few big games from DJ and the narrative changes. His numbers also might drop a bit as the bye weeks happen. 

13 hours ago, beastson said:

We haven't had a WR make the pro bowl since 2011 (we're in 2019 in case you forgot) Steve Smith so no I'm not happy at all not having 1 WR on this list especially since each NFCS team got at-least 1. Damn the excuses before you bring em

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-rankings-top-25-wide-receivers-week-5-2019

Meh CMC is breaking all time yardage records this season. That includes hisreceiving. Ranking like that mean nothing 

Archived