• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers after 6 games by numbers

Ja  Rhule

Panthers D is currently 11th.  We allowed the most scrimmage plays in the league with 418. We allowing over 22 points per game (average).  We are allowing almost 350 yards per game (average).  Allowing 119 rush yards per game and 4.7 yard per rush (both bad). Passing is where Panthers excel and it’s due to pass rush.  We allowing around 225 passing yards per game (around 9th best in the league).  Panthers created 27th sacks (best in NFL) and 9 picks (2nd best).  Allowing QB rating of 73%.

What you see now is a copy of 2015 Panthers.  Defense is extremely opportunistic and creates turnovers which offense thrives on (currently +6 and one of the best in NFL).  We are winning turnover battle and taking away big plays.  Panthers offense ranked 17th in yards at 353 yards per game but a whopping 27.7 points per game (6th best).  Running game ranked 10th and passing game ranked 23rd with 224 yard per game (top 10 is 257 yards per game).

Tampa has the best rushing D in the league and SF has the 2nd best passing D in the league so it will be interesting to see how Kyle Allen does.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The most important stats are honestly...

#2 in takeaways (15, second only to NE)

Tied for #5 in turnover differential (+6, trailing only NE and GB)

CMC #1 in yards from scrimmage (923, 127 yards ahead of second place)

Kyle Allen 9 TDs vs. 0 INTs

We play smart.  Our D is not as sexy but they create turnovers which our offense feeds off

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I still wanna see us look good against a more complete team before I'll be ready to buy the hype.

Me too. When you really start digging into the numbers we start to look like a paper tiger pretty quickly IMO. In the last 4 games, we have forced 14 turnovers to only 5 turnovers. That type of turnover margin just isn't sustainable.  We're +9 over the past 4 games. That's unreal.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The most important stats are honestly...

#2 in takeaways (15, second only to NE)

Tied for #5 in turnover differential (+6, trailing only NE and GB)

CMC #1 in yards from scrimmage (923, 127 yards ahead of second place)

Kyle Allen 9 TDs vs. 0 INTs

Our differential would be better without Ray Ray

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Me too. When you really start digging into the numbers we start to look like a paper tiger pretty quickly IMO. In the last 4 games, we have forced 14 turnovers to only 5 turnovers. That type of turnover margin just isn't sustainable.  We're +9 over the past 4 games. That's unreal.

I thought we were a house of cards last year.

The latter half of our schedule is a big deal.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I thought we were a house of cards last year.

The latter half of our schedule is a big deal.

I was concerned about it for sure. We were winning games while not really playing particularly well. I chose to take the positive route and think that we'd really take off once we got it together and started actually playing well, then TJ Watt knocked Cam's shoulder off.

Archived