• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen's 4 games vs Cam's 8 with new OC Norv

ncfan

55 minutes ago, Shocker said:

What?  Allen had the same OL.  If not worse.  Not buying.

Allen has had two guys little and Daley who have both played better than William's at left tackle. How is that the same? Both those guys have experience at Lt where as Williams was another Cam can handle it let's try it experiment lol 

9 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Albert Breer:

Credit the Panthers coaches, and in particular offensive coordinator Norv Turner and quarterbacks coach Scott Turner, for putting Kyle Allen in a tremendous position to succeed. Multiple people in that building have told me that Carolina really hasn’t needed to change anything to accommodate its new quarterback, which I’ve found most interesting. In fact, they’ve done a little more with Allen in certain ways, since they don’t have to worry as much about managing the hits he takes in the running game. 

That, of course, isn’t to say Allen is Cam Newton. But he’s been smart enough to pick up the system to the point where the change hasn’t disrupted the other 10 guys in the huddle, and that’s shown in their collective production—Carolina is fifth in the NFL in offensive points scored.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/14/nfl-news-notes-cowboys-byron-jones-panthers-kyle-allen-cardinals-kliff-kingsbury

And I can make a duck look like a pickup truck if I want to make a story.. the offense is clearly different under Allen and more simplified leaning heavily on CmC stop buying the media hype.

Just now, rico6 said:

Now you’re just being dishonest. 

Jeezus

Dude cant even hide his Cam hate at this point.

You show him facts then he spins it to something else, then you show him facts to disprove that and spins it to something else

Allen has been great for us.  But my lord, i guess people are right.  Cam Newton just brings out the stupid in people

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Allen through these 4 games

225.3 passing ypg

65.5 comp %

7/0 TD/int

1.5 rushing ypg

0 rushing TDs

6 fumbles

Cam under the same OC prior to the injury last year

236 passing ypg

67.3 comp %

15/4 TD/int

42 rushing ypg

4 rushing TDs

4 fumbles 

*note's to add

Cam was playing behind Clark at LT

Allen has faced the leagues, 32nd, 30th, 24th pass defenses thus far

Thank you...perspective is a rare thing around here ha

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He actually isn’t. Trai Turner played both of Cam’s games and 1of 4 of Allen’s. Instead of Williams there were two rookies. Let’s not act like there’s much of a difference. I don’t know why people take this topic so damn personally to try and prove how Cam is better than a guys who has started 5 career games.

Also, I will say that Allen getting to the line earlier makes the OLs life easier and potentially will help them play better. You give the C time to call plays and everyone can see how the D is lined up and maybe even get to the line before the DL is fully ready. Everyone in here has been complaining for years that we took too long to get play calls in and the DL was able to time snaps and be locked and loaded. Well, same people as week 1-2 and almost the same as all last year yet the offense is ready way earlier. It’s something that after the last 4 games you almost have to put on Cam and not the coaches as we suspected.

I hope Cam gets back to Cam and Allen keeps improving. It’s not a bad thing having 2 QBs that many teams cover. Not bad at all. 

No the big difference is Daryl William's isn't giving up 3 sacks to Allen's blind side to shaq Barrett. Not to mention sacks from other places. Blind side pressure is a completely different beast. Plugging William's who is a good player back on the right side where he belongs in place of Turner isn't  that drastic a drop off. What is different is little and Daley being leaps better than William's at left tackle. 

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He actually isn’t. Trai Turner played both of Cam’s games and 1of 4 of Allen’s. Instead of Williams there were two rookies. Let’s not act like there’s much of a difference. I don’t know why people take this topic so damn personally to try and prove how Cam is better than a guys who has started 5 career games.

Also, I will say that Allen getting to the line earlier makes the OLs life easier and potentially will help them play better. You give the C time to call plays and everyone can see how the D is lined up and maybe even get to the line before the DL is fully ready. Everyone in here has been complaining for years that we took too long to get play calls in and the DL was able to time snaps and be locked and loaded. Well, same people as week 1-2 and almost the same as all last year yet the offense is ready way earlier. It’s something that after the last 4 games you almost have to put on Cam and not the coaches as we suspected.

I hope Cam gets back to Cam and Allen keeps improving. It’s not a bad thing having 2 QBs that many teams cover. Not bad at all. 

Thia OL has been light years better under Allen

The drop off from Turner to Williams (Who some speculated prior to the season that he would take over starting LG AND has admitted he is right side dominant)

That drop off isnt as significant as Daley/Little to Williams

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

I dont think that's what he ment word for word. But it basically illustrates it's more simplified than what's asked of newton.  More dump downs short yardage type throws. Which has never been what Newton does. 

Maybe because of the shoulder, but the short, dump offs is pretty much all Newton did last year. 

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

Allen through these 4 games

225.3 passing ypg

65.5 comp %

7/0 TD/int

1.5 rushing ypg

0 rushing TDs

6 fumbles

Cam under the same OC prior to the injury last year

236 passing ypg

67.3 comp %

15/4 TD/int

42 rushing ypg

4 rushing TDs

4 fumbles 

*note's to add

Cam was playing behind Clark at LT

Allen has faced the leagues, 32nd, 30th, 24th pass defenses thus far

Perspective we've been missing out on, plus who did we have catching balls last year at that point? 

Cam was having an incredible year until he got his shoulder blowed up.

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Cams has to be able to run and do that WELL enough for defenses to adjust. Prime Cam running the RPO with this CMC, thats an FING nightmare. If Cam can not RPO, Allen is the better choice right now. 

It was said that Cam wanted to run less even before the injury as he is getting older.

Im sure with the way Allen is playing.  The pressure will be on him to preform, so id expect him to run again

Archived