• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen's 4 games vs Cam's 8 with new OC Norv

ncfan

Allen through these 4 games

225.3 passing ypg

65.5 comp %

7/0 TD/int

1.5 rushing ypg

0 rushing TDs

6 fumbles

Cam under the same OC prior to the injury last year

236 passing ypg

67.3 comp %

15/4 TD/int

42 rushing ypg

4 rushing TDs

4 fumbles 

*note's to add

Cam was playing behind Clark at LT

Allen has faced the leagues, 32nd, 30th, 24th pass defenses thus far

So Cam had 19 touchdowns and almost 300 total yards and a better completion rate with Clark at left tackle and a 28th ranked defense compared to 7 touchdowns with the 11th ranked defense?

no way Ted, strange things are afoot at the circle K.

10 minutes ago, ncfan said:

225.3 passing ypg

65.5 comp %

7/0 TD/int

1.5 rushing ypg

0 rushing TDs

6 fumbles

236 passing ypg

67.3 comp %

15/4 TD/int

42 rushing ypg

4 rushing TDs

4 fumbles 

*note's to add

Ok so first of all those are Cams first 8 games of last year, not his first 6. Secondly, if you are going to compare stats for two different people and one of them has twice as many games then don’t use totals like you did for TDs. Use per game stats. Right now this comparison is completely ridiculous and slanted.

Team sport though. Total offensive yards and points per game? 

I mean that will be the question that we one day have to ask.  A lesser talented player simply achieves better team results.   Because one day when we replace him it won’t be for a more impressive individual player than he was 

I mean that will be the question that we one day have to ask.  A lesser talented player simply achieves better team results.   Because one day when he replace him it won’t be for a more impressive individual player than he was 

Just now, CRA said:

Team sport though. 

Probably why he mentioned the huge differential in team defense.

Here's a neat additional stat added to nc's stats above:

In Kyle Allen's 4 games as a 2019 starter, the defense has gained 14 turnovers.

Last year's defense didn't reach that total until WEEK NINE.

Golly, its almost as if "team sport though" helps a QB when the TEAM is doing better, no?

Just now, tiger7_88 said:

Probably why he mentioned the huge differential in team defense.

Here's a neat additional stat added to nc's stats above:

In Kyle Allen's 4 games as a 2019 starter, the defense has gained 14 turnovers.

Last year's defense didn't reach that total until WEEK NINE.

Golly, its almost as if "team sport though" helps a QB when the TEAM is doing better, no?

No, KA clearly forced those turnovers. He’s 4-0

1 minute ago, micnificent28 said:

This was also a great point by a former panther 20191014_181951.thumb.jpg.9d88e8222819b732c655429819e830bf.jpg

Well Williams doesn’t even know what Norv runs.

but yeah, Allen is asked to do less.  So has virtually every starting QB the past several years. 

Goes both ways. CMC is asked to do less when Cam is the starter.  The rest of the O in general is asked to do less. 

So the question is....are we overall better with the rest of the team doing more or Cam doing more.  Because Cam is really good when Cam is 

23 minutes ago, ncfan said:

225.3 passing ypg

65.5 comp %

7/0 TD/int

1.5 rushing ypg

0 rushing TDs

6 fumbles

236 passing ypg

67.3 comp %

15/4 TD/int

42 rushing ypg

4 rushing TDs

4 fumbles 

*note's to add

What’s the take away here? It took Kyle half as much time to accrue the same number of passing yards? 

So if Kyle plays 8 games, he should have the same TD count but twice the passing yards?

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean that will be the question that we one day have to ask.  A lesser talented player simply achieves better team results.   Because one day when we replace him it won’t be for a more impressive individual player than he was 

We averaged 27 points and were 6-2.  We’re averaging more under Allen right now, but on a 4 game sample size vs 8 and a much weaker defensive schedule.  Texans held us to 16

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

I love when people come up with numbers thinking no one will check on them.

NFL.com passing defense

Jags 15th

Texans 24th

Cards 30th

Tampa 32nd. The same team Cam lost to.

Average those numbers out.. also cam was on one foot. Let's put Allen on one foot and see how he looks to be fair.

Nobody in New Orleans is suggesting that Teddy Bridgewater keep the job when Drew Brees is healthy. Bridgewater is also undefeated, and being helped by offensive playmakers and a solid defense. The assumption is that Brees will be the starter again, despite the fact that Brees is older and Bridgewater is playing better than Allen is. That means something.

Archived