• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen - Trade

CanadianCat

1 minute ago, Dex said:

Their superbowl run dummy head. They lost their QB1 and since they had a great backup they won a superbowl.

Im not saying trade him now.. offseason.. 

And yeah if you look what the Eagles did they let the guy walk. Remember how pissed everyone was with Peppers or Norman when we let them walk?

Just now, CanadianCat said:

Im not saying trade him now.. offseason.. 

And yeah if you look what the Eagles did they let the guy walk. Remember how pissed everyone was with Peppers or Norman when we let them walk?

No, you don't trade a great backup unless you have another great backup behind him. Because then if Cam goes down again next year we won't be so lucky.

1 minute ago, Dex said:

No, you don't trade a great backup unless you have another great backup behind him. Because then if Cam goes down again next year we won't be so lucky.

The coaching staff seems to really like Grier and given a full year to learn who know what he could be. Im not saying he develops to the same as Allen but if he is 70% of Allen and trading Allen gives you a first round pick you need to seriously consider that.

This all goes out the window however if Cam cannot get healthy or plays poorly. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Probably not going to be as much trade value as you would think for a relatively unproven guy on a one year deal. Better off to wait until free agency and then just out bid us.

Do you recall what happened with Jimmy G a few years ago?  He had something like 5 starts, same success as Kyle, and San Fran gave him a 100 million dollar contract.

Everything/everyone has a price.  That goes for any one of our QBs.  

If the Raiders offered up their extra 1st from this year and the next (Ramsey price), would you consider trading Cam?  What about their next two 2nd round picks?  Would you consider Allen?  Spitballing.  Pats traded Garapolo for a 2nd rounder, they traded Cassel away for a 34th pick.  You create a system that's bigger than one player.  Panthers have notoriously overpaid keeping fan-favorite players.  Sell high.  

If anything, Allen's success is creating a market for us.  A market for Cam AND a market for Allen that we should capitalize on.  

44 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

The coaching staff seems to really like Grier and given a full year to learn who know what he could be. Im not saying he develops to the same as Allen but if he is 70% of Allen and trading Allen gives you a first round pick you need to seriously consider that.

This all goes out the window however if Cam cannot get healthy or plays poorly. 

People keep avoiding this topic but Grier could of easily won 3/4 of the games

I don’t think a team in the history if the nfl has lost a game when a defenses forced 7  turnovers

the panthers are undefeated when rushing for over 250 yards

And we have over .900 winning percentage when he hold a team to 10 points or fewer

Thats 3-0 for Grier or any backup really

9 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

People keep avoiding this topic but Grier could of easily won 3/4 of the games

I don’t think a team in the history if the nfl has lost a game when a defenses forced 7  turnovers

the panthers are undefeated when rushing for over 250 yards

And we have over .900 winning percentage when he hold a team to 10 points or fewer

Thats 3-0 for Grier or any backup really

I dont disagree with this. The 'plan' was for Grier to be the #2. I still think given more time he can be as good as Allen. Which is why the panthers should really think about the value of trading Allen while he has good value. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah, but Tom Brady has been able to stay healthy for a long ass time. 

I'd call any suggestion that Newton is going to stay healthy as long as Brady has... optimistic.

Things could change but right now I'd be nervous about him lasting three more years.

And even if he does stick around that long, how many games does he miss in the process?

Archived